The Battle for the Temple

Started by Steve J, 14 November 2017, 09:32:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve J

A sort of AAR on a game played earlier this week, using my friends rules that are a work-in-progress, but are based upon those by Donald Featherstone. Hope you enjoy it:

http://wwiiwargaming.blogspot.co.uk/2017/11/the-battle-for-temple.html

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

Leman

The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Steve J

I have to admit that Keith's 28mm figures did look damned impressive and were certainly very colourful. A lot of them were from Victrix and their quality has come on leaps and bounds from when I first saw their plastic ranges. Still prefer 10mm for a whole host of reasons, but it is nice to play with 28mm figures now and then.

toxicpixie

I had a bit of an epiphany the other day when I realised 28mm plastics were pretty much the same price as 15mm lead, at least in the big boxes from Perry & the Beast. Then I searched the loft and got a load of left overs from previous decades down so I didn't have to buy any :D

Good looking game, very nice! On the plus side at least your spearmen weren't close enough for your fleeing elephants to trample over :D
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Steve J

QuoteOn the plus side at least your spearmen weren't close enough for your fleeing elephants to trample over

We had hoped that they might stampede, but instead they were killed outright :(. It would have been fun to see some stampeding pachyderms putting pay to our best laid plans and all that :D.

toxicpixie

They're always more blinking dangerous to your own side, aren't they!

I do wonder why people kept using the poor sods, however impressive they were :D
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Leman

Probably for the same reason they kept using scythed chariots.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Chris Pringle

Quote from: toxicpixie on 15 November 2017, 03:12:30 PM
I do wonder why people kept using the poor sods, however impressive they were :D

Consultants, arms salesmen, and the lobbying power of influential former scythed-chariot/elephant generals?

petercooman

Same could be said about getting married...

On a serious note, I am gaming more and more in 28mm again lately.say what you want, but they look great on the table!

toxicpixie

Lockheed-Elphant-Martin?

BAElphant Systems ltd?

Far too much influence there :D

d_Guy

Lovely game and figures! The elephants are right up there with a Congreve rocket battery for unpredictability
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

sunjester

A great looking game, superb elephants!