To the Green Fields Beyond

Started by T13A, 14 November 2017, 03:27:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

We'll be on the way back from the Warfare show but I'll be popping this on the planner to record.  I think if we had the resources available, quite a few of us would like to build our own tank!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

T13A

Hi

When I started this topic off I did say it was about building a WWI tank and on Channel 4 didn't I. I did didn't I? Someone please tell me I did or am I going completely mad? Don't answer that basil.

Confused T13A

Cheers Paul
T13A Out!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You did old bean, very much looking forwards to it.
Will
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

DanJ

And it was an excellent program, a very good mix of history and modern technology used to create as exact a replica of a MkIV female as possible.

I loved the fact that JCB who built the thing used modern welding techniques but then added all the rivet heads in the right places to make it look authentic.  I was also very impressed by the inside which looked just as full of dangerous machinery as the original; the scene where one of the drive bearing sheared and the tank ground to a halt was rather scary when you realised that the drive chain taking the power from the dif to the sprocket was pretty much exposed and if it had snapped could have bounced around inside the hull.

Even the wife found it interesting.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

toxicpixie

I enjoyed it, was pretty good. Although they're very woolly on why they didn't get to drive it up the main street of Lincoln for the parade. It's not that the police banned them, it's that the police said the production company would need to provide extra safety measures like marshalls and crowd control and some means of making sure the rather limited visibility and maneuver of the tank combined with crowds and awkward access didn't result in an accident. The production company declined to do so and went to the deserted battlefield instead! Which did make for some good visuals, to be honest, and is very in keeping with the commemoration.
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Techno

Seconded.....Before this thread gets 'iffy'.

Cheers - Phil