AWI in Virginia

Started by paulr, 11 November 2017, 07:29:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulr

My order has left Middlesbrough and is currently on its way to Heathrow :)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

paulr

My order arrived at Heathrow at 04:54am Friday 01 December

It was passed to NZPost at 03:00pm Friday 01 December and is now apparently heading to Auckland, New Zealand :)

The Royal Mail tracking system helpfully suggests "There may be more information on our delivery partner's website." and provides a link to the NZPost tracking system :)

The NZPost tracking system was down earlier this morning :( but is now back up :)

NZPost's tracking system advised "Product not tracked"  :-/

Which apparently means "This product is not a tracked service, but may receive a delivery scan", I particularly 'like' the "may receive a delivery scan" ~X(

mollinary

2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

d_Guy

Quote from: paulr on 02 December 2017, 07:01:25 PM

NZPost's tracking system advised "Product not tracked"  :-/

Which apparently means "This product is not a tracked service, but may receive a delivery scan", I particularly 'like' the "may receive a delivery scan" ~X(

Well, "close enough for gub'nent work" , as we say in this neck of the woods. :D
On the plus side today's system is much better than the system in the elder days when you would fire off an International Money Order to some indecipherable address in Great Britain in the hopes of receiving something resembling your order four months later (maybe).  :)
Sleep with clean hands ...

paulr

So true, definitely a modern day first world problem :-w :-w

I got mine first orders from the UK sent to an Aunt in the UK who would then send them to me as a gift, thereby avoiding international shipping charges and duty ;)

petercooman

Quote from: paulr on 02 December 2017, 10:30:25 PM
So true, definitely a modern day first world problem :-w :-w

I got mine first orders from the UK sent to an Aunt in the UK who would then send them to me as a gift, thereby avoiding international shipping charges and duty ;)

Sneaky!!!

I like it  ;D

pierre the shy

Quote from: d_Guy on 02 December 2017, 10:08:52 PM
On the plus side today's system is much better than the system in the elder days when you would fire off an International Money Order to some indecipherable address in Great Britain in the hopes of receiving something resembling your order four months later (maybe).  :)

Amazingly the postal order/IMO system did seem to work remarkably well ordering stuff from the UK from here in NZ back in the mid-late 1970's, though you're quite right DGuy that orders took a LONG time to arrive. IIRC think only one person in the Wellington Warlords was unfortunate enough not to receive their order (25mm Assyrian 4 horse Chariots) - and the manufacturer did sent replacements after being contacted about it that did arrive some months later.

Though much is taken, much abides; and though
we are not now that strength which in old days
moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are.

paulr

Quote from: petercooman on 03 December 2017, 12:38:38 AM
Sneaky!!!

I like it  ;D

More recently I got Amazon UK to deliver my copy of DBA 3.0 to the manufacturer of the figures for the project, free postage within the UK  :)
The manufacturer then kindly posted it to me at cost, saving me about £18 :) :)

NZPost tracking system down again this morning ~X(

paulr

NZPost's tracking system has been up and down repeatedly but is consistently reporting "Product not tracked" ???

While I wait I've continued to research the uniforms of the 26 different regiments that contributed to the American Light Infantry battalions :-B
I've got most of what I need

paulr

NZPost's tracking service is still advising "Product not tracked" :-/

Royal Mail on the other hand is saying that the parcel arrived "In Country" in "Auckland New Zealand" at 06:50am Thursday 07 December :) :)

Will it make it down to Wellington in time to be delivered to my work tomorrow so I can start sorting over the weekend :-SS :!!

paulr

Parcel didn't make it to work today :(
Hopefully Monday  :-w

d_Guy

Another wasted weekend!  :)

This order seemed to be following the same trajectory of a previous order you documented.
Sleep with clean hands ...

paulr

According to the Royal Mail the parcel was delivered at 12:15pm Friday 08 December, 2.5 hours before I checked our mail room :-/ ~X(

Even the NZPost tracking system tells me it was delivered at that time

There are a couple of clues
Royal Mail: 12:08pm UNDELIVERED ADDRESSEE HAS PO BOX NEW ZEALAND
NZPost: Signed for by 1271, despite it also saying "Signature not required"

My work's Post Office Box number is 1271 so my order is sitting in a scruffy red bag that will be delivered to my work's mail room on Monday morning :-w :-w :-w

I'll hopefully finalise my uniform research on the American Light infantry and probably prepare some more bases.
I also printed off the labels for this project so may also label the already prepared bases

I'll pop in to the local wargames club to see what is going on and have another Big Battle DBA game scheduled for this evening

Not an entirely wasted weekend ;)

paulr

I visited my work's mail room and extracted a small box from the scruffy red that is our PO Box  :) :) :)

Lots of sorting tonight :!!

I was diverted by For King & Parilament and a couple of other things over the weekend, so I haven't:
- finalised my uniform research on the American Light infantry, Loyalists have just moved to the head of the painting queues
- prepared any more bases, I have enough for a couple of painting batches already done
- labeled any bases yet

paulr

I didn't get all the sorting done last night @-)

I had to finish off the French artillery and the Americans this morning

Next step is to pick the first couple of British units and clean up the figures :!!