The 2018 Whimsical Cavalcade

Started by d_Guy, 06 January 2018, 07:55:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mollinary

2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

d_Guy

;D
Ta, Both
Well nobody said this can't be fun!

As to Winter coming, in the last episode it not only arrived but stomped, slithered and staggered through The Wall.
Sleep with clean hands ...

Womble67

Very nice indeed

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

d_Guy

Amazing!!!
The Aztecs just arrived! I order them on March 8th, this is only the 19th! Ten days from the halls of Pendraken to the backwoods of North America. Best service ever - and great sculpts too!
I need to hire staff.
(Although this will probably be a very slow project - will try to get out a few individuals however)
Again thanks the Phil, Leon, and Kitty's midnight caterwauling !

d_Guy

Ok - the Aztecs are still sitting there along with several books - the mood to do more has not yet struck.

I miss live opponents since the competitive drive to get stuff on the table (and "one-up" the completion) doesn't exist.

Our tax laws are such that once you reach 70.5 you must take a portion of various deferred savings and spend it so it can be taxed.
(OK, there are some ways around this, but we decided to blow it). Mine goes to this hobby. This year's check came In late April.

I have long resisted doing anything with the ACW and know very little about it BUT grew up surrounded by the 1861 campaign in western Virginia. So I bought already painted figures (15mm) to use with One Hour Wargames (with Norm's rules mods). This will take me away from my obsession with how Highlanders fought in the 1640's ( although work on Auldearn continues apace).

Not really a painting entry but the little fellows are being soaked off their bases as I write. Both armies look a little more uniform (1863-ish) then the motley crews that fought this first campaign (most of it before First Manassas) but I've decided to live with it.

Ithoriel

Well, you seem to be rather more focussed than I am!

I am resigned to the fact that I have largely ceased to be a tabletop gamer and have become instead a designer of projects and a collector of figures for same.

My painting mojo has been a very fickle beast of late, though I potter from time to time.

Board and computer games seem to be filling the gaming gap though.

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

toxicpixie

I was going to do Aztecs as next personal stuff, after finishing some 28mm medieval stuff for AdlG. Instead I did half a dozen goblin mercenaries for d&d, and have got my birthday Turks out to finish. They've languished since my 40th so are only four years late 0_o
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

d_Guy

Quote from: Ithoriel on 13 May 2018, 08:25:32 PM
Board and computer games seem to be filling the gaming gap though.
A very honorable substitute!  :)
In the end we are all in a matrix of some sort.

Quote from: toxicpixie on 13 May 2018, 08:54:39 PM
I was going to do Aztecs as next personal stuff, after finishing some 28mm medieval stuff for AdlG. Instead I did half a dozen goblin mercenaries for d&d, and have got my birthday Turks out to finish. They've languished since my 40th so are only four years late 0_o
The tyranny of the now.

Wait...you were going to do Aztecs...hmmmm....what if... :-\  :D

fsn

Quote from: d_Guy on 13 May 2018, 06:59:02 PM
... soaked off their bases ...
This is my new euphemism.

"How much did you drink last night?"
"Dunno, but I was soaked off my base."   :D
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

toxicpixie

It'll be about three to four years before I get to the Aztecs, sorry Bill :D

Soaked off my base, sounds a bit half soaked to be fsn ;)
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

d_Guy

Quote from: fsn on 14 May 2018, 07:51:17 AM
This is my new euphemism.

"How much did you drink last night?"
"Dunno, but I was soaked off my base."   :D
;D
As usual you opened a new line of thought:
"Upon arrival at Heathrow the passengers were quickly debagged and sorted."
"Kevin was quite ill-defined in the public's eye until he was carefully deflashed by the press."
"Before her first sorte to the beach, Clarissa saw to it that she was primed with sunblock."
"Until they were rebased, the voters seemed generally in favor of the proposition."
"Having grown tired of his baldness, Ben had himself flocked."
"Needing a fourth for bridge, Leon slipped in an extra."

d_Guy

Quote from: toxicpixie on 14 May 2018, 09:07:02 AM
It'll be about three to four years before I get to the Aztecs, sorry Bill :D

Oh well...just a thought. :)