Maybe just a small supplement

Started by Duke Speedy of Leighton, 09 November 2017, 07:51:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

So dear readers,
Maybe a small supplement is needed for Warband with all the future ranges being leaked by Techno and Leon,
What are we looking at?
Rats
Amazons
And
'The Creatures That Shall Not Be Named', some may call them Formians, I call them... Trevor.
Plus other monsters.

Could they do something fun with these? Sounds like a possible pdf release, via the website and Rules Vault would work, minimal charge, maximum fun!

So, that's my 2d of thoughts, what stats and characteristics  would we want in the armies? How would we, if we were writing the blurb, describe them?
Nothing official, just fun ideas.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

fsn

09 November 2017, 07:06:40 PM #1 Last Edit: 09 November 2017, 07:08:43 PM by fsn
Amazons - For many years they were hidden by Zeus from the eyes of man. On a remote island they developed their martial skill and shunned the outside world and its chaos. .

Then one day, a man was washed up on their island, and the Amazons knew fury.

They have left their island, and are looking for revenge on any man they find.

Led by an invincible princess, these armoured warriors have practiced for centuries to be an unstoppable force of bronze clad ferocity. They are fast, strong, and deadly with any weapon - or with no weapon at all.

The Amazons - fear them.  
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

fsn

Rats  ....

Not that terrible really. Just a bit cat food on the trap and there's an end to it.

Don't try cheese though. Just makes 'em twitchy.

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015

Ithoriel

On an island, wreathed in mist, at the very edge of the known world dwell the Balori. Whether lizard evolution's answer to Ogres, or the twisted result of chaos magic, none know.

A powerful force in both physical and magical combat the Balori are both feared foes and fierce allies.

"Grey the mist --- cold the dawn;
Cruel the sea and stern the shore
Brave the man who sets his course for Albion"

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Techno

Quote from: fsn on 09 November 2017, 07:08:07 PM
Rats  ....
Not that terrible really. Just a bit cat food on the trap and there's an end to it.

Nah, Nobby.

Peanut butter works the best. (I reckon)

Cheers - Phil.

fsn

Vision of Techno in the  barn with 10 variously baited traps and a clipboard.

Techno

Don't you mean a vision of Techno standing in the barn, with a snap trap attached to his thumb,  and swearing a lot, Nobby. (**** !.... That really hurts when that happens !)  :'( :'(

Cheers - Phil

Orcs

Quote from: Techno on 10 November 2017, 08:52:42 AM
Don't you mean a vision of Techno standing in the barn, with a snap trap attached to his thumb,  and swearing a lot, Nobby. (**** !.... That really hurts when that happens !)  :'( :'(

Cheers - Phil

I speed read this and misread it.   I read - "Don't you mean a vision of Techno standing in the barn, with a snap trap attached to his Nobby"  ;D

Now that's a picture I will have to try and get out of my head   :-& :-&
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Unusual, but I'm going to put the train back on track. One disappointment to me is the lack of any straight humans in the mix. Lots to chose from aint there, and a goodish range of ancients dark age, medieval and renaissance (sic) to use for the armies.

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021