Grimsby Wargames Society - RF! Eastern Front #3

Started by hakejumble, 02 November 2017, 10:56:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hakejumble

Hi all,

Had our third Eastern Front game in two weeks which is pretty unheard of. With our Stalingrad campaign coming up I think we are all secretly wanting more rapid fire games, so we can suss out each others tactics.

Any here's a couple of photo's from Andy's Wargames house/shed, a German attack on Russian defended position. Complete with a hidden JS 2.

Cheers,

Jake

— Visit my items for sale page at
https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/bobs-and-bits26

—� Visit my portfolio at www.fumblesfigures.com

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

Womble67

It was a really good game Jake I think we are all getting better.
Anyway looking forward to our next game using Blitzkrieg commander

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

lowlylowlycook

Looks excellent.  I especially like the damaged apartment buildings. 

T13A

Hi Jake

Just wanted to say how much I have enjoyed looking at your Rapid Fire! eastern front photos.

Just a couple of questions.

Did you change the ground scale in the rules for using 10mm figures?

I noticed that you have your infantry based with several figure on one base and was wondering how you dealt with the individual casualties that are part of the Rapid Fire! rules?

Cheers Paul
T13A Out!

hakejumble

Hi Paul,

Thanks very much!

With regards to the scale distances, we always just keep them the same to save over complication to be honest. We've found nothing so far that is massively under or over scaled if that makes sense.

Regarding the multi figure bases, if a base of four takes two casualties for arguments sake, then I just place a dice next to the base with the number of casualties on it. I'm actually in the process of making some casualty marker baes trays. You'll probably see them dotted around in these pictures. Also the same for heavy/light damage on vehicles etc.

Feel free to pop down if you're ever in the area.

Jake
— Visit my items for sale page at
https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/bobs-and-bits26

—� Visit my portfolio at www.fumblesfigures.com

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

T13A

Hi Jake

Many thanks for getting back to me so quickly and the offer to pop down, unfortunately Somerset is a bit far but if I'm ever in the area.....

It would be very really good to hear what you think about Blitzkrieg Commander rules compared with Rapid Fire! when you get around to using them.

Cheers Paul
T13A Out!