2017 Paint Off Discussion Thread

Started by Duke Speedy of Leighton, 01 November 2017, 09:23:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesus

2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

Leman

The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

paulr

Jesus, to get larger images you need to host the images somewhere else; a blog, flickr, imgur, ...

You can then link to them, most of the hosting sites will tell you the 'code' to use to share the images, it will look something like this

{url=https://flic.kr/p/FXe61x][{mg width=800]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4479/26222874539_c3e078022f_b.jpg{/img]{/url] with the "{" replaced with "[" so it will work
Allows user to click on picture   800 pixels wide          location of picture
to see full size image at hosting site

You then past it into your reply, you can use the Preview button to check it works

Hope that helps
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Terry37

The modeling part is done for my entry, and I applied the primer just a few minutes ago. Tomorrow I start painting and hopefully can get it done quickly as I need time to do the basing as well. Just 20 days left, so I am having to scramble!!!

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

Terry37

I have finished the bulk of the painting and hope to wrap it all up by tomorrow and then base it. But i do have a question - I am not sure which category to put it in so think it best to send it and let you all place it. But I don't know who or how to send it with out an email address. Can you advise please?

Thanks,

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Jesus

I get lost with so much discussion thread :(

SV52

"The time has come, the walrus said..."

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

Leman

Phew! 40 mnutes, crashed computer, another 45 minutes and two photos posted. Flipping' eck.  ~X(

Terry37

I am closing in on my entry and will get it to you before the dead line.....I hope! I'm to  just doing the basing, which usually goes quickly once all the putty work is done and I finished that today - nasty messy business it is too - but worth it to me. Hope to make great progress tomorrow.

Terry

Leman

Not looking too promising for my big Prussian siege guns. May have them done just as the paint off finishes, then more time photographing and trying to then post the photos.

Terry37

I'm sure hoping to see more entries. This is a fun event and I feel we really need to support it. So come on guys start posting pictures of your work please!

Terry

fred.

I have a good number of entries - but I need to photograph them. Which will probably have to wait for the weekend, in the off chance that there is some good light. Might be interesting in Nov, with the amount of rain we are getting at the minute.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

petercooman

22 November 2017, 07:18:41 PM #59 Last Edit: 22 November 2017, 07:20:28 PM by petercooman
Quote from: Terry37 on 22 November 2017, 05:12:09 PM
I'm sure hoping to see more entries. This is a fun event and I feel we really need to support it. So come on guys start posting pictures of your work please!

Terry

Normally I always try to enter for the fun of it, but haven't painted any 10mm in over 6 months. Maybe I can sneak I something this weekend, but I can't promise anything!

(and I must admit, apart from some spares and a few zombies, all my 10mm Is painted)