Warfare, Reading - Sat/Sun 18th/19th November

Started by Leon, 30 October 2017, 11:28:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shedman

Chris Pringle

My railway is from Irregular Miniatures.

The two BBB Bash Days so far were both great fun and I'd love to do another one. However, the format takes quite a lot of effort to organize, and unfortunately various other commitments mean I don't have the time right now. Nobody else has picked up the baton, so unless someone steps forward very soon, I think we'll give it a miss for 2018 and maybe focus on doing more games at shows instead.

Montebello is a great scenario and is popular for good reason. It is easy terrain to set up, only needs 4'x4', and is quick to play (we completed it three times in 5 hours with total novice players); the contrast between French quality and Austrian quality, in terms both of troops and of commanders, is really brought out well by the rules; and the scenario special rule that lets the outnumbered French delay the Austrian reinforcements by assaulting boldly makes for a good ding-dong scrap.

You should try it, even if you just use proxy armies.

Chris

Bloody Big BATTLES!
https://uk.groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/BBB_wargames/info
http://bloodybigbattles.blogspot.co.uk/

Leman

That's what I'm looking to do - planning on First Bull Run at Joy of Six in Sheffield next July. May also look at a FPW scenario at Phalanx in June.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Leon

Quote from: Chris Pringle on 22 November 2017, 07:39:08 AM
We were in the same hall as Gettysburg but tucked away in the furthest corner.

Nobody puts BB in the corner!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Leman

Leon the film buff? Ian will be telling you not to waste so much time.  :d
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021