Warfare, Reading - Sat/Sun 18th/19th November

Started by Leon, 30 October 2017, 11:28:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

30 October 2017, 11:28:19 PM Last Edit: 30 October 2017, 11:36:41 PM by Leon
Our next outing sees us head south for the last time this year as we head along to the Rivermead Leisure Centre for the 2-day Warfare show.  We'll need pre-orders for this one sending through by Friday 10th please and you can place them either through our website (choosing the Collect at Show postal option) or by email.

More info on this show can be found here: https://www.wargamesassociationreading.co.uk/warfare-55.html
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leman

Can't make it this year but hope to be back in 2018.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

sunjester

I'll be there, running a demo for the Tring Wargames Club. It's a rematch of my 1912 Balkans War game, but this time using The Men Who Would be Kings.

Chris Pringle

BBB will be represented by not one but two clubs - Oxford Wargames Society and Dunstable Generals - with not one but two tables, and not two but four different games.

Simon Dunsterville of The Dunstable Generals will be laying on what looks to be a very fine Gettysburg game with custom terrain. The scenario covers all three days of Gettysburg. It can be normally be played in about four hours, so they should get through the whole battle twice even allowing for newbie players and chatting with passersby.

OWS will run two small games on Saturday and one big one on Sunday:
Nagy-Sallo (1849) - a ding-dong scrap from the Hungarian War of Independence, showing off Pendraken figures and a printed battlemat;
Montebello (1859) - an established favourite BBB starter scenario;
Mars-La-Tour (1870) - epic Franco-Prussian War mayhem!

We can't guarantee to save you a place, but if you want to express interest in any of these games, let us know and we will do our best to accommodate you.

Chris

Bloody Big BATTLES!
https://uk.groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/BBB_wargames/info
http://bloodybigbattles.blogspot.co.uk/

Leman

Bugger! Just a  bit short of readies currently.

Leon

Quote from: Chris Pringle on 31 October 2017, 09:19:40 AM
BBB will be represented by not one but two clubs - Oxford Wargames Society and Dunstable Generals - with not one but two tables, and not two but four different games.

Excellent, I'll have to come by and get some pics of those!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

My 10mm Samurai will be in inaction this weekend, come and say hello chaps!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Steve J

Catching up with family this weekend as SWMBO has been away all week on a school trip. Hope you all have a great show.

kustenjaeger

Greetings

A good show I thought.

I saw the BBB Gettysburg, Montebello and Nagy games and took a couple of photos. Everyone seemed to have their heads down!  I still prefer 10mm for BBB over 6mm. 

I had a brief chat to Leon - great to see him as ever - and discussed moulding progress.  I floated vague ideas of future SCW orders (my son is living in Oviedo (Northern Spain) at the moment and I have been researching the local combat operations in 1936-37).

Regards

Edward

Chris Pringle

Quote from: kustenjaeger on 21 November 2017, 06:44:58 PM
I saw the BBB Gettysburg, Montebello and Nagy games and took a couple of photos. Everyone seemed to have their heads down! 
Hi Edward, sorry if I was busy GMing and ignored you! I'd have liked to have a chat but we were a bit short of team members and overrun with eager participants, so I was constantly in action, ran the Montebello game three times in succession on Saturday, couldn't even take a 10-minute lunchbreak. Which was great, of course! But it would have been nice to be able to talk to more of the passing spectators as well as those actually playing.

Anyway, smashing day, thanks to WAR for organizing the show, and thanks to all who GMed or participated or just came by to say hello.

Chris

Bloody Big BATTLES!
https://uk.groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/BBB_wargames/info
http://bloodybigbattles.blogspot.co.uk/

Leon

Whereabouts was the Montebello game?  I saw the 10mm ACW game near the front of the hall and it looked great but I didn't manage to find the others unfortunately.

Chris Pringle

We were in the same hall as Gettysburg but tucked away in the furthest corner.

kustenjaeger

Chris

No problem - doubtless will see you somewhere next year.  Is there any intent of doing another BBB games day?

Where did you source your Montebello railway line from?  I reckon this would work for 10mm as well.  I keep being tempted to try Montebello in 10mm but I'd have to buy and paint Austrians and still have loads of 1870 Germans and French to paint!

Regards

Edward

Leman

Join the club Edward. Austrians in both 6mm and 10mm to complete, but now dealing with Prussians, Bavarians and Garde Mobile.