Wargamer! Halesowen, West Mids, 3rd Dec.

Started by toxicpixie, 17 November 2017, 12:34:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toxicpixie

So, anyone wandering along? It's a small show but enjoyable, last year they even put the heating on :D

Circle Battlegroup is running BlackOps from osprey if you want to stop by for half an hour and shoot some lead with us.

Old school website - http://wargamershow.tripod.com/

Actual address and details is -

LEASOWES LEISURE CENTRE, Kent Road, Halesowen, B62 8PJ, Sunday 3rd December 2017, from 9.30am until 4.30pm
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

fred.

Oh, so close!

I'm in Stoke on that afternoon with a couple of hours to kill. But it seems that its still a good hour from Stoke to Halesowen. So 2 hours extra driving for 10mins in the show seems a poor return  :(
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

toxicpixie

Hah, no it ain't exactly local from Stoke!

Half an hour either way and hour to toddle round might be good, but two hours and walk in, walk out mebbe not... WMMS in Wolves in March might be better for that, at least you'd get an hour :D
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

fred.

When you aren't local, you see West Midlands and assume it might be close.

Don't think I'll be down in March - its also unusual for a show to be on on a Sunday, which in this instance would have helped. If I had a helicopter!
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

toxicpixie

Could you build a giant cannon and fire yourself down like a speeding bullet? Getting back might be more awkward, unless the cannon also fires itself down behind you :D

Oddly I'm used to shows being on a Sunday - I'd always assumed it was chosen so as to avoid conflicting with family Saturday responsibilities (or possibly sportsball fixtures)...

WFGamer

Wyre Forest will be there as usual. We will be running as Chain of command WW2 game.

Also some members will be helping out on the Pike and Shot society stand, possibly with a small 10mm LOA game. This is the first time the society will be at the show.

toxicpixie

Ah yes, I might even get time to nip over for more than 30 secs on the way round :D

Roy

Col. Bill's is trading at the show, but I'm not down to work that weekend. Maybe next year  :)
princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}

toxicpixie

I'll make sure I ask for you at the stand, let them know your presence is missed :D

Subedai

Say hello to the Usual Suspects for me, if for nothing else but to let them know I am still around.

Thanks

MickS
Blog is at
http://thewordsofsubedai.blogspot.co.uk/

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

toxicpixie

I shall!

If you knew Dirk, he's just retired & come off four years of nights so has started popping up again.

Also, they all liked your buildings venture. Sadly the web is a scary place and I'm not sure anyone managed to click to buy ;)