Too many figures...

Started by Steve J, 30 October 2017, 03:24:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orcs

I have to admit that I am trying to finish projects this year. This mainly means painting what I already have with possibly a couple of additions.

So  far this year I have finished

1940 Belgians

Nearly finished
Western Desert Italian, DAK and 8th Army I have 6 guns and crew to complete them. plus I need a couple of command vehicles for the Italians.
1939 Poles 30 odd figures to do

However I have come to the problem where I have finished the project and have half empty tray in the really useful box. That's a real waste so needs to be filled  :)

The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

sunjester

You do need to fill the unused space in the box. But then you realise that by doing this you do not quite have enough for a full unit (battalion/brigade/division whatever) so you need to start on another box. But then there is now unused space in the new box! Time for another order to Leon!!! :d

Leman

You just need to box clever.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

DanJ

I have a malt whisky gift tin where I keep all my unpainted figures, last week I dipped into it to check if I had all the figures I needed for a couple of units for the painting completion.  I did, which was rather disappointing, but then noticed I didn't have quite enough figures to finish off some Arab spear units so I had to order more from Pendraken.....

Result  :D

Terry37

Yep, been there and done that - buying figures I needed forgetting I already had some of them. But more importantly, I didn't think you could have too many figures? Can you?????

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

Orcs

You only have "Too Many figures " when your wife or partner says " If you buy any more figures I am leaving".  At which point you obviously need another partner.  :d :d
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson