Spray Varnishes now available!

Started by Leon, 26 October 2017, 01:58:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

Quote from: Ace of Spades on 27 October 2017, 10:39:45 AM
Mail orders are not an option then I take from your answer?

Not currently I'm afraid.  The Royal Mail won't touch them so I'm going to contact a few courier companies and see if we can work something out.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Ace of Spades

Too bad for now but I'm sure something will be possible in the near future!

Cheers,
Rob
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Orcs

HMM sounds like useful employment for FSN.  Stop him getting up to mischief

Give him a push bike with pannier's and a list of addresses  and he can deliver then for you.

I'm sure he would take payment in castings  :)
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

John Cook

The Royal Mail will not allow anything flammable to be carried on their motor vehicles. 

A comprehensive health and safety risk assessment was carried out in the context of the danger to Royal Mail staff operating petrol/diesel fuelled vehicles while carrying explosive aerosols.

The report recommended that the Royal Mail should return to horse drawn vehicles for parcel deliveries in the UK but this was not adopted as it would have resulted in a much faster service.

Heedless Horseman

Quote from: John Cook on 12 November 2017, 09:53:23 PM
The Royal Mail will not allow anything flammable to be carried on their motor vehicles. 

A comprehensive health and safety risk assessment was carried out in the context of the danger to Royal Mail staff operating petrol/diesel fuelled vehicles while carrying explosive aerosols.

The report recommended that the Royal Mail should return to horse drawn vehicles for parcel deliveries in the UK but this was not adopted as it would have resulted in a much faster service.

COULD be true...a risk assessment can be required before purchase of a Hammer...FACT!  :o
However, think it may be more to do with so much stuff moving by air rather than good old chuff-chuffs.  :( 
Still cobb**rs in my opinion, but...there is INSURANCE to consider on a massive scale...and our economy is based on the parasitic b*****ds financial sector.
Horse drawn vehicles WILL become a viable option at some point in the future...unless you want all the electric off while everybody is charging up...but by then, there may be a massive overseas 'investment' in rickshaw development.  :o  :o
(40 Yrs ago. I should have been an Angry Young Man... but wasn't.
Now... I am an Old B******! )  ;)

FierceKitty

Our rickshaws tend to be diesel-powered by now too.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Roy

Quote from: Jim Ando on 26 October 2017, 05:18:01 PM
Great news
I have tried the army painter matt one and it ended in total disaster. Everything ended up white. Apparently you cant use it in damp atmospheric conditions which living in the north east of england is not much cop. Hate the stuff now.
Jim.

Yep. Happened to me that. 9/10 times when I now need to varnish I have to do it indoors, in a heated room, just to make sure the varnish works. Cover everything up with dust-free dust sheets, spray into a cardboard box, and wear a mask. Then shift the figures quick, afterwards, into another part of the house and then open all the windows and doors in the varnish fume choked room until it clears. Not good for my health, but when needs must due to deadlines.
princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}

Ithoriel

If you end up with the varmish going white give it another coat or varnish (spray or paint on) and it should revert to clear. Has worked for me on several occasions.

Have to say I'm in Edinburgh and have rarely had problems with spray varnish but rather the other way round. Hand painted varnish needing to be sprayed to turn it transparent.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Roy

Tried varnishing it again to solve the problem, but unfortunately it didn't work so I had to repaint the white-flecked areas of the varnished figs. I brush applied varnish afterwards just to make sure it worked. That was a couple of years ago, I tend to now use Humbrol Satin spray varnish on stuff (customer requirement, so I do as I'm told) and luckily I've had no problems.
princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}