Spray Varnishes now available!

Started by Leon, 26 October 2017, 01:58:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

26 October 2017, 01:58:19 PM Last Edit: 26 October 2017, 03:24:25 PM by Leon

We are happy to announce that we have taken over the line of spray varnishes formerly sold by Figures in Comfort. These 400ml cans come in Quick Dry Matt and Deluxe Matt types, plus a Gloss Varnish. These are all produced by HMG paints to guarantee a quality product.

Sadly these cannot be shipped currently, so they are only available at the shows for the timebeing. We are investigating shipping options though, so hopefully we'll have some good news there soon.

These are all on our website here: http://pendraken.co.uk/spray-varnishes/ and we'll have them with us at all of the upcoming shows. We can also arrange for them to be brought to Crisis for our European customers.

Gloss Varnish
400ml can of gloss varnish which produces a durable high gloss finish.

Deluxe Matt Varnish
400ml can of deluxe matt varnish which gives one of the flattest matt finishes available on the market.

Quick Dry Matt Varnish
400ml can of quick dry matt varnish which is touch dry 10-20 minutes after application depending on drying conditions. The finish is not as matt as our Deluxe Matt Varnish and dries with a subtle 'silk' sheen.

All priced at £9.95!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

old smokie

:-bd great news, they should be able to ship within the uk I have bought numerous spray paint and varnish products all delivered by Royal Mail

Are Figures in comfort still in business

Jim Ando

Great news

I have tried the army painter matt one and it ended in total disaster. Everything ended up white. Apparently you cant use it in damp atmospheric conditions which living in the north east of england is not much cop. Hate the stuff now.
Jim.

Leon

Quote from: old smokie on 26 October 2017, 04:44:24 PM
:-bd great news, they should be able to ship within the uk I have bought numerous spray paint and varnish products all delivered by Royal Mail

Are Figures in comfort still in business

I'm going to check with Royal Mail and find out, I know there's usually restrictions on aerosols but we'll see.  

Figures in Comfort have kind of stopped trading, the tokens and varnishes have been passed on to other businesses, while the core foam/carrying products have been sold to another company and should be available again soon.  The Litko items are still being sold by Erik through his new business: https://www.facebook.com/gamingenhancements/

Quote from: Jim Ando on 26 October 2017, 05:18:01 PM
I have tried the army painter matt one and it ended in total disaster. Everything ended up white. Apparently you cant use it in damp atmospheric conditions which living in the north east of england is not much cop. Hate the stuff now.
Jim.

The clouding happens with a lot of the spray varnishes, the moisture in the air reacts with the varnish and results in that whiting on your figures.  I've heard you can counter it with another coat of matt varnish but I've not tried it myself.

Fenton

Sadly I think there out of my reach as I dont think its worth paying a courier to bring them to NI. Unfortunately Royal mail wont stick aerosols on planes
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Ace of Spades

Interested to know if shipping overseas to Europe would work? For regular shipping costs they might well be worthwhile!

Cheers,
Rob
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leon

Quote from: Fenton on 26 October 2017, 07:13:29 PM
Sadly I think there out of my reach as I dont think its worth paying a courier to bring them to NI. Unfortunately Royal mail wont stick aerosols on planes

All forms of air freight are prohibited so it's only surface options that we can look at.  There may be something we can use, we're looking into it.

Quote from: Ace of Spades on 26 October 2017, 08:23:20 PM
Interested to know if shipping overseas to Europe would work? For regular shipping costs they might well be worthwhile!

If you're going to Crisis Rob, we can arrange for our friends at Eagle Figures to bring them over for you?

Leman

Quote from: Fenton on 26 October 2017, 07:13:29 PM
Ryan Air will stick a.......... oh sorry, we're talking about aerosols.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Techno

Which reminds me of the old sketch on "Not The Nine O'Clock News."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6IBiR9m3vY

Cheers - Phil

FierceKitty

27 October 2017, 10:10:41 AM #12 Last Edit: 27 October 2017, 10:41:15 AM by FierceKitty
That one gave a friend the giggles so much that her mother-in-law, a lady of some talent with a needle, embroidered an aerosol canister on a sun hat for her. Now she has to explain it to everyone that she meets.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Ace of Spades

Quote from: Leon on 26 October 2017, 10:49:03 PM

If you're going to Crisis Rob, we can arrange for our friends at Eagle Figures to bring them over for you?

No I'm sorry. Not going there... not enough 10mm stuff around there to make it really wortwhile for me I'm afraid.
Mail orders are not an option then I take from your answer?

Thanks for offering though!

Cheers,
Rob
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Wulf

Quote from: Leon on 26 October 2017, 07:02:14 PM
The clouding happens with a lot of the spray varnishes, the moisture in the air reacts with the varnish and results in that whiting on your figures.  I've heard you can counter it with another coat of matt varnish but I've not tried it myself.
I have some PD BEF minis which clouded with Army Painter spray & cleared up nicely with Vallejo brushed varnish. The combination does look a bit heavy though.