What is BIG and begins with C?

Started by Duke Speedy of Leighton, 24 October 2017, 03:42:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Timecast Cheiftains
Sweet models, beautiful to paint. These are dirty as heck, so you can only just see the camo!

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Documented that tanks in action are carrying around roughly 4 ton of mud !.

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

toxicpixie

24 October 2017, 03:55:33 PM #2 Last Edit: 24 October 2017, 04:20:55 PM by toxicpixie
They look cracking, Will :)
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Techno

Womble67

The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

d_Guy

Nicely done. Are the antennae as hazardous to the fingers as pikes?
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

Ace of Spades

Nice models, well painted!

Cheers,
Rob
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Thanks all. Antenna are brush bristles, painted black
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Subedai

Blog is at
http://thewordsofsubedai.blogspot.co.uk/

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

Orcs

Quote from: mad lemmey on 24 October 2017, 07:25:46 PM
Thanks all. Antenna are brush bristles, painted black
Very nice models.

I cheat and use black brush bristles.  Any brush at home that has the right thickness of bristles for what I am painting is in danger of a haircut.

I caught Mrs Orcs looking strangely at the brush for the dustpan.  She looked at me and said "these bristles  are breaking off!"  I said "really that's very strange!"  Then it clicked and she said "WHAT have you used then for?"

Whe we go to the shopping centre she says its like taking a six year old.  I  keep looking for things I can liberate to use  - Coffee stirrers, round resin decorative balls in the plant tubs,  clear pastic straws or stirrers etc etc.... you all know the useful stuff .

last Christmas Super drug had a make up display in some clear plastic spheres. The filling that the products were laying on were plastic half spheres about 5mm across.  I was sure they would come in use so surreptitiously helped myself to a small handful and put them in my pocket.  Unfortunately Mrs Orcs has eyes in the back of her head and made me put them all back.  :( :(

What she does not know is I sneaked back into Superdrug while she was in Clarkes and nicked a big handful   :D

The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

You are not obliged to say anything .....etc etc. Me thinks that falls under the definition of theft. Also BB balls come in bags of hundreds for a quid or so !
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

d_Guy

Well, Orcs, it is said confession is good for the soul. Likely your local constabulary are not on the forum so there will be likely no temporal consequences.  :D
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

Orcs

The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

sunjester

What's Orcs isn't 'fessing up to is that, in the best traditions of Charles Dickens, he ran a Fagin style ring of shoplifters. When they were younger he trained his 3 daughters to grab handfuls of "freebies" at every opportunity. Ikea pencils, coffee stirrers and any other useful bits of tat.  ;D ;)