Grimsby Wargames Society - RF! Eastern Front

Started by hakejumble, 22 October 2017, 08:40:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hakejumble

Hi all,

Just a couple of pictures from a Rapid Fire game we hosted at the club the other week.

I have fully caught the 10mm bug and so have a few other members. Especially with RF rules, it allows you to field  much bigger forces and not lack room for manoeuvre.

Anyhow, here's an encounter game we played. The Soviets on the front foot this time and early on in their path to Berlin. Attacking a German held village, with an objective to capture the residing Panzer Division's HQ.

It was a great chance for me to field my new German Panzer Division, some of which are currently up on my eBay page (Link in signature  8) ) Also a good chance for me, Andy, John and Ade to practice for an upcoming Stalingrad campaign in the new year!

John's Tiger I's made short work of Andy's company of six T34/76s from the Barnyard.

Andy's BA Armoured Cars tried to make the most of their full road move.

A company of my grenadiers make a dash for cover, as they work their way forward to put their panzerfaust to use!

Although the Tigers made short work of Andy's T-34s, they didn't escape unscathed.

Right flank.

Left flank.

Full board.

Right flank start of game (note Andy's T-34 troop top left, which made its way round to the Tiger's in the barnyard.

Panthers and Marder IIIs in formation.

Pak 40 scouting for targets in the centre.

Panthers, Marder IIIs and Sdkfz 223s

Russian front - start of game.

German front - start of game.
— Visit my items for sale page at
https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/bobs-and-bits26

—� Visit my portfolio at www.fumblesfigures.com

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

Techno

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

T13A

Great looking game and is that the Lutheran Seminary I see in the last picture transported from a small town in Pennsylvania....

Cheers Paul
T13A Out!

Ithoriel

Lovely looking game, reminds me we haven't played any BKC Eastern Front games recently. Must remedy that!

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Womble67

A really good game Jake and many more to come

Take care

Andy

The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Smoking gun

I'm sorry I missed that nice looking game. I'll be at the club next week and look forward to seeing your new toys.

Regards,

Martin
Now they've knocked me down and taken it, that still hot and smoking gun.

Womble67

No worries Martin hope you feel better and see you next week

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

hakejumble

No need to apologise Martin! Luck would have it that next weeks game is also the same!

Jake
— Visit my items for sale page at
https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/bobs-and-bits26

—� Visit my portfolio at www.fumblesfigures.com

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

Steve J

A great looking game and with very nicely painted tanks etc 8)

Sunray

Quote from: Steve J on 26 October 2017, 09:19:06 PM
A great looking game and with very nicely painted tanks etc 8)

Indeed.  Good to see the Good ole Boys in Grimbsy still rolling a +1 for wargaming.  About 20 years ago I stood in the throng at Partisan and watched  Colin Romford's demo game "Wake Island" - how many kids were hooked on wargaming that afternoon ?

Keep the dice rolling boys.   :-bd

Smoking gun

Quote from: Sunray on 29 October 2017, 11:01:18 AM
Indeed.  Good to see the Good ole Boys in Grimbsy still rolling a +1 for wargaming.  About 20 years ago I stood in the throng at Partisan and watched  Colin Romford's demo game "Wake Island" - how many kids were hooked on wargaming that afternoon ?

Keep the dice rolling boys.   :-bd

I was one of Colin's team helping to demo Wade Island, we took it to Salute amongst other shows. I seem to remember Colin used Rapid Fire! with some amendments because the forces were so small. Happy days.

It was a very good looking game with custom made terrain, the game was sold to an American who bought the terrain and figures.

Martin
Now they've knocked me down and taken it, that still hot and smoking gun.