My First Attempt - (Fantasy) Dark Age Hut

Started by capthugeca, 08 November 2010, 09:52:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

capthugeca

Made my first home for my Barbarians:-

I appreciate the texturing on the roof is a bit out of scale but it didn't look right when it was smoother. Besides, I can get away with it as it is fantasy!

In case you want to know how I did it, the walls (just visible) are made of cat litter glued one at a time in a ring (very therapeutic), the roof is a polystyrene egg cut in half which was then covered in bits of an old towelling sock. The wooden struts are just bits of a wooden stirer.
Life is too important to be taken seriously.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

nikharwood

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Nosher

Looks like I may have found a use for that odd sock that always appears at the bottom of my cricket bag at the end of each season ;D
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

capthugeca

Quote from: Nosher on 08 November 2010, 07:36:20 PM
Looks like I may have found a use for that odd sock that always appears at the bottom of my cricket bag at the end of each season ;D
Yes, and if you don't bother washing it you will achieve that dark age natural smell to it too!  :-S

Nosher

Quote from: capthugeca on 08 November 2010, 09:05:09 PM
Yes, and if you don't bother washing it you will achieve that dark age natural smell to it too!  :-S

Clearly you have shared a dressing room with me at some point :o

And on that point I think we had better change subject... :-X ;) :D ;D
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

Pruneau

That's gonna look smart on the gaming table!  Looks smelly though  ;)
Boardgames: MMP ACW, ASL ᴥ BKC & SSOM - WW2 (In development) ᴥ Flying Lead - Sci-Fi: Shocktroops, Pulp, Spugs ᴥ WH - Greenskins, Dwarfs

http://hiording.blogspot.com - http://runequestfun.blogspot.com - http://secondsquadonme.blogspot.com

ʎɐqə ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎəʞ ɐ ʎnq ı əɯıʇ ʇsɐl əɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

Kassad

Capthugeca, please, what material had you used for cover the Hut?
2011 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

capthugeca

Quote from: Kassad on 24 February 2011, 05:52:30 PM
Capthugeca, please, what material had you used for cover the Hut?

Hi Kassad,

The last sentence directly under the photo has all the details.
If you mean the roof, it is an old towelling sock. The walls are kitty litter.

Kassad

Towelling sock... I think to understand maybe. Is a cloth for wash and dry right? Very nice idea. Thanks.

capthugeca

Quote from: Kassad on 24 February 2011, 08:04:55 PM
Towelling sock... I think to understand maybe. Is a cloth for wash and dry right? Very nice idea. Thanks.

Sorry, I didn't notice that English wasn't your first language.

It's a sock for your feet that  you would wear when playing tennis.
The Google translator calls it:-

calzino per il tennis

Does that make sense?

Maenoferren

Sometimes I wonder - why is that frisbee geting bigger - and then it hits me!

Kassad

Quote from: capthugeca on 24 February 2011, 10:19:43 PM
Sorry, I didn't notice that English wasn't your first language.

It's a sock for your feet that  you would wear when playing tennis.
The Google translator calls it:-

calzino per il tennis

Does that make sense?
Yeah! Yes I understand now. Smart idea! Thanks for expain and translation. I need to improve my English  :(

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!