Hello from Grimsby !

Started by hakejumble, 17 October 2017, 09:52:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orcs

The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Ace of Spades

2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

ErHo

Quote from: hakejumble on 17 October 2017, 09:52:48 PM
Hello all,

Just a brief introduction from myself. My name is Jake, I'm 23 , currently serving as an armourer in the RAF. Born in  Grimsby in Lincolnshire and I'm currently in the process of finishing a German 44' Panzer Division and starting a full 42' Russian Tank Corps!

My main interests are predominantly WW2 on all fronts, however with my recent affiliation with the Grimsby Wargames Society, I am now taken in by AWI side of things!

I look forward to contributing on these forums and maybe arranging a Rapid Fire! game of two!

Jake

Welcome Jake!

Thank you for your service BTW!
"Call it extreme if you like, but I propose we hit it hard and hit it fast with a major - and I mean major - leaflet campaign."

- Rimmer

Leman

The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Bren

Hiya Jake, it's good to see chaps your age enjoying wargaming; too many of us old gits knocking about. Are you involved with the RAF wargames association? I'm pretty sure they are still going strong and have a page on FB. There is also the "Table Top Gaming - UK Armed Forces" FB group (a lot of army, navy and RAF lads, often with strange 40K fetishes).

hakejumble

Yeah I have been in touch with the RAF Wargames Society and they tend to do more fantasy stuff unfortunately and I'm not into that.

Plus I've only got another 9 months left and then I'm out, so there's no point in setting anything up unfortunately.

Hoping to recruit more members for grimsby Wargames Society and turn them over to the 10mm side!

Jake
— Visit my items for sale page at
https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/bobs-and-bits26

—� Visit my portfolio at www.fumblesfigures.com

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

Westmarcher

Welcome, Jake. Good luck with your 10mm evangelism. I'm a Horse & Musket fan myself and although I do not wargame or collect WW2, I'm not disinterested in that period either. Nice blog!  :-bd 
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

DFlynSqrl

Dave Fielder

Any resettlement plans? Fancy being a Reservist? 10mm AWI is a good choice BTW.
Romeo and Juliet is a Verona Crisis

hakejumble

Quote from: Dave Fielder on 24 November 2017, 08:19:22 PM
Any resettlement plans? Fancy being a Reservist? 10mm AWI is a good choice BTW.

I am hopefully going to be working for a local builder in July so a bit of a career change but I am looking forward to it. And no unfortunately not, I am looking at getting away from the sinking ship!

Jake

— Visit my items for sale page at
https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/bobs-and-bits26

—� Visit my portfolio at www.fumblesfigures.com

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!