Some of my random 28mm projects

Started by lowlylowlycook, 17 October 2017, 04:54:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

d_Guy

Continue to really like your color choices, Llc.
I also like the "shield shop" in the background, "Shields for the discriminating Orc - we custom fit".
Sleep with clean hands ...

lowlylowlycook

I followed everyone's excellent advice

I'll probably go with the dark green shields with maybe similar designs on them for the next unit.

But that will have to wait because these guys need their teeth done and I've started up the trolls as the next unit.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Quote from: lowlylowlycook on 15 August 2018, 10:23:12 PM
But that will have to wait because these guys need their teeth done

There is a good dentist round the corner !
Quote from: d_Guy on 15 August 2018, 02:19:22 PM
Continue to really like your colour choices, Llc.

Sp corrected in RED, bloody WEBSTER
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Womble67

The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

d_Guy

Quote from: ianrs54 on 16 August 2018, 07:49:27 AM
Sp corrected in RED, bloody WEBSTER

I have said repeatedly here that English in NOT my first language. I don't believe it was Noah's either.   ;)

Techno

It wasn't ?

Are you sure about that ?  ;)

Cheers - Phil

d_Guy

We speak and spoke (and spell) 'Mercun, Phil.

Techno

:)

Hi Bill,.......At least (as far as I can tell).......You chaps, over the other side of the pond, pronounce (and spell) aluminum correctly.

I always thought it was aluminium.

From a quick 'Google' it sounds like the chap who discovered it, changed the spelling at least couple of times !  ;)

Cheers - Phil

Terry37

Those guys look GREAT! One thought re the shields for eh next ones being green. If they are connected to LoTR remember the Riders of Rohan had green shields, so might want a different color. Mine have dark gray with a few bare metal bits and rust. Just a thought.

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

lowlylowlycook

Good point Terry37,  I'll be using green for the Riders but if I do use green on these guys it will be quite dark.  More of a green-black.

Working on the skin for the trolls and experimenting to see how the colors I used on the orcs work on these guys.

sunjester

Quote from: Techno on 16 August 2018, 03:08:47 PM
It wasn't ?

Are you sure about that ?  ;)

Cheers - Phil
Remember Techno knew Noah personally!  ;) ;D

lowlylowlycook

Went with some very dirty yellow cloth.  The orange comes in in with the leather. 

I think that the wood and fur need to be brought up closer to their original basecoats.

Techno

Looking damn good, already !!

Cheers -  Phil

lowlylowlycook

These guys are approaching done.  I feel that more should be done on their faces but not sure what exactly.  I guess I could go for another highlight.