Some of my random 28mm projects

Started by lowlylowlycook, 17 October 2017, 04:54:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lowlylowlycook

Quote from: mad lemmey on 30 October 2017, 07:40:28 AM
What Megs did you get?:)

I think you are showing your age there.  Memory is nowdays measured mostly in Gigs if not Terrabytes.

These are some test ships, French on the left Austro-Hungarian on the right:

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Very nice, like the funnel details.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

lowlylowlycook

Started trying to finish off the marines one squad at a time.   Starting with the assault marines which I then realized will have to have jump packs done up.

Base coat on the weapons.  Also did up 5 bases.

Highlighted the metal and put on a white edge to hopefully bring out the highlight with the red.

These are close to finished enough for now.  After the army is done I can go back and do some freehand and do the rivets.

Techno

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Great work,the humans behind show GW scale creep too
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

toxicpixie

Cool :)

Well, I dunno about scale creep (though GW is a bugger for it), those Marine should be 7ft+ tall OUT of their Power Armour. The new Primaris are even bigger :D
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

lowlylowlycook

I realized that I had picked the wrong mini for the Assault Marines Sergeant had to finish up this guy instead

Also added a bit more crust to the lava on the bases

Jump packs with a base coat

I think they are now at least done to the point that they can be glued on.  On a related note, I perhaps shouldn't have added the crest onto the sergeant.  Ooops.

lowlylowlycook

I really like the Tolkienesque look of the Oathmark minis from Northstar so I've got an idea to do some up for Dragon Rampant or other fantasy skirmish games. 
Here is a shot with some of my Reaper Bones dwarves to test how the scale matches.  Most of Reaper's stuff is pretty fat compared to Oathmark's dwarves.

Also might have given into temptation and picked up a bunch of Footsore dark age guys to be Rohirrim.  With  Guinevere as Eowyn, of course.
Do you guys like her with a live or dead horse?

toxicpixie

I like that Guinevere pose! Should have paid more attention to the Footsore stuff at Wargamer, damn it :)
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Duke Speedy of Leighton

lowlylowlycook

Quote from: toxicpixie on 23 December 2017, 11:11:31 PM
I like that Guinevere pose! Should have paid more attention to the Footsore stuff at Wargamer, damn it :)

Originally she wasn't for sale.  She was a bonus mini for orders over a certain threshold.  But only for one month; which fact escaped my notice.  I mean the one time I resist buying the new shiny would be the one time I should have bought it, wouldn't it?

I sent an email begging for her even though it was past the deadline but heard nothing.  In my despair, I went out and bought those Aeronef ships and enough 10mm fanatsy stuff to keep me busy for years.  But apparently I wasn't the only one who had remorse for not getting Guinevere because it wasn't too long before the Footsore newsletter had a blurb about how our cries end entreaties had been heard and she was being added to the catalog. 

So yet another army for the backlog.

paulr

Quote from: lowlylowlycook on 23 December 2017, 10:19:16 PM
Also might have given into temptation and picked up a bunch of Footsore dark age guys to be Rohirrim.  With  Guinevere as Eowyn, of course.
Do you guys like her with a live or dead horse?

Do you have a live horse in a more static pose?
That one looks like it is about to exit stage right ;)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

lowlylowlycook

Yeah, I was looking around but didn't see any standing horses.  I would definitely have to either find or buy one.  And really someone should be holding the reigns or the horse could well be exiting stage right.

The dead horse is a more dramatic scene, anyway.

lowlylowlycook

Reading about Amedeo Guillet led to starting up on some Askari Cav

FierceKitty

17 March 2018, 02:44:04 AM #29 Last Edit: 17 March 2018, 02:50:03 AM by FierceKitty
Those space pizzas/rabbits look remarkable.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.