Some of my random 28mm projects

Started by lowlylowlycook, 17 October 2017, 04:54:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lowlylowlycook

Very occasionally I paint non-Ethiopians

For instance some local people had the crazy idea of opening a game store in my little home town.  Since it doesn't draw from a large population, most people seem to play 40k and I decided that what with the "new GW" and all I'd give it another go after all these years.

Since the boxed 30K games make them affordable I decided to go with Horus Heresy marines.  Also decided to go with Reaper's Marine Teal as the base color.  Here is one of my test marines.

Normally I wouldn't have gone with lava bases but I decided that this was a good opportunity to use my Basius pads.

A lot of time was used trying to work out the right color for the bolters.  Ended up deciding on a reddish color.

Here are some of the Termies and the Dreadnaught I have:

I've got most of the first batch of Marines started with a basecoat, shade layer and one highlight.  One more highlight and I think they'll be ready for a wash.

lowlylowlycook

Sometimes I play a game called Dead Man's Hand, and a few years ago I bought some Artizan 7th Cav figures for it.  For seemingly no reason I decided to do a quick paint job on them this week.

Uniforms and leather basecoated and washed:

Mostly done.  Need to remind myself on the ranks for these guys in DMH and also do up the bases.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

d_Guy

Very nice, sir!  Like the both but particularly relate to the US Cavalry patrol
Sleep with clean hands ...

ErHo

"Call it extreme if you like, but I propose we hit it hard and hit it fast with a major - and I mean major - leaflet campaign."

- Rimmer

Techno

Womble67

The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

toxicpixie

Didn't spot this before! Both very tasty. The red on the bolter works very well, compliments the bronze on the edge of the armour whilst contrasting with the armour plate itself.
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Leman

The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

lowlylowlycook

28 October 2017, 12:25:38 AM #9 Last Edit: 28 October 2017, 12:34:42 AM by lowlylowlycook
The 7th Cav shot up some Indians this week but due to the deadly shooting of the Mexicans against my Law Men allies we were not able to interrupt the transfer of the smuggled rifles.

In other news I layed down some of GW's Hashut Copper on the Marines.

[edit]

Oh and thanks to everyone for the encouragement.  It's always appreciated.

Techno

I do like those.

(I think it's also because I find certain shades of 'blue' so pleasing to MY eye......Seeing them on a screen, of course, you never know if you're seeing the 'true, in the flesh, colour'.....
I see these as a slightly 'turquoise' shade......What about everybody else ?)

Cheers - Phil

toxicpixie

Turquoise and copper-bronze to me :)

Also, Beaky Marine rocket launcher? Lovely!
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

lowlylowlycook

Uh, the rocket guys are currently headless.   I was tempted to buy some beakies at my FLGS's flea market but they were painted and I hate stripping minis.

Did a blue-black wash on the armor and a purple wash on the copper.  Then I did some lining with Reaper's blue liner.

Still a lot of detail work to do not to mention weapons and backpacks.  I got shipping notices from Pendraken and Copplestone not to mention the package of Aeronefs I received on Friday.   I need top paint faster.

Techno

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner