Some of my random 28mm projects

Started by lowlylowlycook, 17 October 2017, 04:54:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Womble67

The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

lowlylowlycook

Working on some basing.  I'm using a combination of Homax wall texture (which I think might be similar to Artex in the UK).  I got it in powder form and combined that with brown paint and my usual texture (combination of sand and songbird grit).  Experiments showed that even with the additives this mix would be sturdy when tried and also that rocks would stick without glue.   In comparison, filler/spackle was a bit weak.

Bought some slate just because white aquarium rocks show unpainted bits way too easily.  Hopefully with a bit of drybrushing and a wash these will be ready for some tufts.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

Looking good, already !!  :-bd

Cheers - Phil

lowlylowlycook

Pike Uruks with a base coat.

With washes and highlights.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Techno

Womble67

The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

lowlylowlycook

You guys are too kind.

Some sword orcs

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Ben Waterhouse

Arma Pacis Fulcra

Terry37

Always love LotR stuff. We're playing a big battle LotR HOTT game this coming Saturday! Eowyn will be riding to glory for sure!

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams