wich british models to use for pirate games

Started by petercooman, 15 October 2017, 11:36:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

petercooman

they are the painted examples on the black scorpion site,. they really do some nice ones!

petercooman

18 October 2017, 11:00:46 PM #16 Last Edit: 18 October 2017, 11:04:00 PM by petercooman
So i ended up ordering the black scorpion ones to pick up at crisis. Looking at comparison pics on the web, i found nothing really compared well sizewise with black scorpion. Since i already have some of their pirates, it was the most sensible thing to do,but not the most affordable ( 90£ for 35 models  :o ). But you can say what you want, they are some of the nicest pirate models around!

I don't really need 35 to play flashing steel (wich i already bought) , but i wanted some choice in weapons etc + i added a privateer gang to my order, to give me the chance to play pirates vs privateers vs royal navy. Since we have an average of 3 players on our game nights, i thought getting it played would have a bigger chance of succes if i had enough models for three forces!

Also ordered a jetty from sarissa for my ships to rest  :D

toxicpixie

I don't think you'll regret it :)

Btw there may be a new edition of Flashing Blades out soon!
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

petercooman

Quote from: toxicpixie on 19 October 2017, 01:39:25 AM
I don't think you'll regret it :)

Btw there may be a new edition of Flashing Blades out soon!

But I just bought it   :o

Where did you see that?

toxicpixie

On the Yahoo! Group - Andreas made a casual comment on the end of some rules queries so I asked for more! Answer is... out when it's out. IIRC the Ganesha site is set up so once you've ordered once you can then download any revised files?

• It's my bad on this - I had the finished file sitting on my computer for ages. But I want to double check with all the Q and As that have been asked iver the years. Unfortunately now I am in convention season, so I can't give an ETA
    Andrea

Il giorno gio 19 ott 2017 alle 02:34 Toxicpixie toxicpixie@gmail.com [songofblades] <songofblades@yahoogroups.com> ha scritto:

Spotted the comment on an updated Flashing Steel - is that likely anytime soon?

Nathan

Sent from my iPhone

On 18 Oct 2017, at 22:56, andrea sfiligoi andreasfiligoi@gmail.com [songofblades] <songofblades@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

<snipped rules queries>

We are working on an updated version of the rulebook and I'll make sure these are clarified.

Andrea
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

petercooman

Well  wargames vault updates them automatically. Just happy I didn't print them yet.

toxicpixie

Heh, yes... Andreas confirmed you'll be able to download them again no probs - it sounds like he's introducing the Advanced SOBH Reactions rules instead of the Reserved Action rules in the original and tidying up all the queries from the last few years. I'm tempted to get a copy now and rename it so I have the original as well :D

Roy

Colonel Bill's sell civilians that may be of use ... ahem, shameless plug  :-[ [Pendraken did cast the figs though]

I was going to offer some troop suggestions, but see you've already got those now.

princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}

petercooman

Quote from: toxicpixie on 19 October 2017, 12:22:39 PM
Heh, yes... Andreas confirmed you'll be able to download them again no probs - it sounds like he's introducing the Advanced SOBH Reactions rules instead of the Reserved Action rules in the original and tidying up all the queries from the last few years. I'm tempted to get a copy now and rename it so I have the original as well :D

Well i'm happy that I got this version then. Not too keen on the advanced SOBH. Hadn't seen your post last time.

Quote from: RoyWilliamson on 17 November 2017, 04:17:45 PM
Colonel Bill's sell civilians that may be of use ... ahem, shameless plug  :-[ [Pendraken did cast the figs though]

I was going to offer some troop suggestions, but see you've already got those now.

Should have known earlier. I passed colonel bill's stand at crisis!