Packs of 4 ?

Started by Sunray, 15 October 2017, 10:33:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sunray

There is a custom - particularly when representing a Support Company to scale it down to 4 MMGs/GPMGs and 4 mortars, when putting a Battle Group on the table.

( In real life a British SC would muster 8 x 81mm and up to 9 x GPMGs plus A/T, recon, and AP platoons - although this is often supplemented in combat to the situation)

Do most of you go for 4 bases of sustained  firing MGs and 4 mortars  ?

If so, would it help if Pendraken would sell such kit in packs of 4 and charge accordingly ? 

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Number depends on the rules, and I don't know of ANY British organisation with more than 6 medium mortars.....

Also Recce was normally under BHQ, not SP company.
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

fred.

I have to say I don't follow the OP.

If you are scaling down real world organisations for rules, then the degree of scaling depends on the rules, and what basing conventions you have. Almost any size of pack will be the wrong size for someone.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Leman

As I understand it you can send Leon a request for the number or type of figures you require in a pack, and will be charged accordingly, with a massive 20p charge for the trouble. Problem solved.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

toxicpixie

Quote from: fred. on 15 October 2017, 12:01:50 PM
I have to say I don't follow the OP.

If you are scaling down real world organisations for rules, then the degree of scaling depends on the rules, and what basing conventions you have. Almost any size of pack will be the wrong size for someone.

This.

Whatever you do will almost certainly be wrong for the majority of people :D
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Sunray

Quote from: Leman on 15 October 2017, 01:40:16 PM
As I understand it you can send Leon a request for the number or type of figures you require in a pack, and will be charged accordingly, with a massive 20p charge for the trouble. Problem solved.

if Carlsberg did wargame figures, they would call them Pendraken  :-bd :-bd

urbancohort

Quote from: Sunray on 16 October 2017, 01:59:04 PM
if Carlsberg did wargame figures, they would call them Pendraken  :-bd :-bd
Seconded!

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk
One should try everything in life, except for incest and folk-dancing....