Another nice beer!

Started by Duke Speedy of Leighton, 17 October 2017, 08:26:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunjester

Quote from: fred. on 18 October 2017, 12:58:22 PM
How have you got a beer thread onto coffee....

Every time I see the subject, I think ooh beer, good. Then see its about coffee.

Just for Fred, we were drinking Rebellion IPA.  ;)

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Matt J

Pretty much teetotal myself but without coffee I'd end up decapitating someone by lunch. Quite partial to rough coffee.
2012 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
Beep

Orcs

Lemmy

Your going to have to be  a bit careful - Keep on meeting strange men in pubs after they have given you money  :).  You might get an even worse reputation.?  Or Mrs Lemmy might start to ask some awkward questions .
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

FierceKitty

:-bd
Quote from: Matt J on 18 October 2017, 07:29:29 PM
Pretty much teetotal myself but without coffee I'd end up decapitating someone by lunch. Quite partial to rough coffee.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Sandinista

Rebellion IPA is a good brew.
Has anyone tried Daisy Gold or Wild Orchid from Brightwater Brewery in Surrey? They also have what is probably the smallest pub in the UK www.brightbrew.co.uk

Cheers
Ian

toxicpixie

Really enjoyed a Black Wytch this evening - Hobgoblins stout offering. Lovely rich dark beer! Also very partial to Lidl's porter - Purple Panther. Their bottled ale is very good, each one a fine example of the type.

The pint of indifferent Brew XI at the club was less stunning mind, but it was wet and tasted of beer so I won't complain too hard. Sadly we're about to lose the bar due to being the only people who drink there :/
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

sunjester

Quote from: toxicpixie on 19 October 2017, 01:30:23 AM
Really enjoyed a Black Wytch this evening - Hobgoblins stout offering. Lovely rich dark beer! Also very partial to Lidl's porter - Purple Panther. Their bottled ale is very good, each one a fine example of the type.

The pint of indifferent Brew XI at the club was less stunning mind, but it was wet and tasted of beer so I won't complain too hard. Sadly we're about to lose the bar due to being the only people who drink there :/

I admit I'm quite partial to Aldi's Purple Panther as well. I agree that all their bottled ales are fine and very reasonably priced! The winter ale they have done for the past couple of years is very good and I hope they start stocking it again soon.

toxicpixie

I try to slip a bottle in when I go past :) Fortunately the other half likes their chocolate (and their chips are good, and wheat free!), so I'm  in reasonably often :D
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Sandinista

If she likes chocolate get her to try Downton's Chocolate Orange Delight one of the few chocolate beers that actually taste like it

Cheers
Ian

toxicpixie

Unless it's gluten free that's a no go! Celia do a very nice dark lager that she enjoys occasionally mind.