Any idea foe Heroes? Thoights

Started by Moggy1000, 10 October 2017, 10:47:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moggy1000

So I have been thinking, has there ever been any thought towards having heroes? Not just command units but special units. Sort of Faction leaders...

Ithoriel

Gods, I hope not!

What on earth for? What would they  represent?
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Moggy1000

I thought I was on Warband... Can an administrator please move this... Feel like such a tit...

FierceKitty

Howls of derisive laughter, Bruce.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Ithoriel

Aah! That makes so much more sense!

Don't worry about it - posting in entirely the wrong thread has a long and honourable history here! :)

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Westmarcher

Mind you, could be on to something here. How about Captain America, the Red Skull, Indiana Jones, Hogan's Heroes .....  ;D
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Ithoriel

You two need to go play HotT not BKC :)

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Heroes cost an extra 10 per unit in Warband, and give you an extra cp that can only be used with that unit. It represents a notable hero in that group prodding the rest in the right direction. Major heroes are represented by generals.
If you want to see how it could look, have a look at the online Lord of The Rings supplement.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Moggy1000

The idea came from looking at other "brands" that have heroes as staple pieces... Not to name any brands but I love the lore of a certain games company...

DFlynSqrl

I tend to associate heroes with my units.  I have done this with my Dwarfs mostly.  My Warband games are focus on my Dwarfs point of view of the war, having to repulse the invasion of the Undead Horde of the Evil Lich Shilvain.

Examples:
Most of the time my leader unit is "General Thorgeld Bromlow"
My "Pony Riders of Bofflard" (a hilly region of the Dwarven kingdom, Halvoskaar) are under the leadership of the now famous Jeb Stoneheart.
Another standout unit has been "Bernard's Rangers".
On the otherhand, Stonehall Hackson's warriors have yet to make a mark on the battlefield.

Generally, they just have normal unit stats, but usually one unit each game I want to give the potential to be more heroic.  So I give them the 10 pt hero upgrade as Mad Lemmey mentioned.  I've had mixed results, but for Jeb Stoneheart, it has made his pony riders really shine!