Historical Photos Repository

Started by ErHo, 06 October 2017, 04:25:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

toxicpixie

Links mangled for some reason!

Yes, she got well stuck in - the Tim up Choiseul Sound was a spiffing lark, according to some. Might have been less so if the minesweeping end had been a little more successful in the worst way...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Alacrity_(F174)
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

d_Guy

Yeah was looking it up in 1982/83 Fleets of the World while the additional posts came in. A later Amazon class frigate, fairly capable for its time.
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

toxicpixie

Sadly not overly capable where it was needed - the comments on her usefulness from the Falklands were pretty scathing; she was incapable of Fleet, local or self air defense except for the Oerklins and hope! That said she did good service with NGFS & if there'd been anything worth an Exocet I'm sure Commander Craig & crew would have been right in there.

Damnit now I want to read One Hundred Days again, and I've got Kershaws "Tank Men", "2017 The war with Russia" and a Pern book on the go already :D
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

ErHo

Army Painter's early dip shade application device.

Bison Skulls in Michigan, shipped from the western prairies usually for bonemeal production for farming.

LAN party!!!   Atari copetition, no multiplayer here :(

"Photo taken by an official British Photographer during WWI, c.1917."

Mark Twain in Tesla's lab

Edward Llewellen with the World's Record Black Sea Bass, which he caught, (425 lbs.), at Catalina Island, Calif., Aug. 26, 1903

Papers please.  Standoff between US and Soviet forces at checkpoint charlie Oct. 1961.

The day Sweden switched sides of the road. [1967]

Montana Woodsmen post an advertisement.

A US Marine poses somewhere in the Pacific Islands. [c. 1941 – 1945]   Imagine painting a few squads with this miniature?
"Call it extreme if you like, but I propose we hit it hard and hit it fast with a major - and I mean major - leaflet campaign."

- Rimmer

ErHo

"Call it extreme if you like, but I propose we hit it hard and hit it fast with a major - and I mean major - leaflet campaign."

- Rimmer

d_Guy

Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

Westmarcher

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

FierceKitty

Looks as if Adam has decided he's planning to stay in Paradise. If an archangel wants to bring a blazing sword to a gunfight, bring it on, pilgrim.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

ErHo

Any sculpt in the works for this badboy?  :P

http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/hx5a1ec6ec.JPG

The barrel is the main part of the seat on that contraption.

- Rimmer

Obsidian23

6th Australian Light Horse Regiment, 2nd Light Horse Brigade on their way to the Jordan Valley passing around the outskirts of Jerusalem.  I have seen many Black and whites of this picture but was given an actual coloured version here in Jerusalem.  Thought I would share.

FierceKitty

Quote from: Obsidian23 on 30 November 2017, 10:16:28 AM
6th Australian Light Horse Regiment, 2nd Light Horse Brigade on their way to the Jordan Valley passing around the outskirts of Jerusalem.  I have seen many Black and whites of this picture but was given an actual coloured version here in Jerusalem.  Thought I would share.

Why don't they have proper uniforms? Or even corks on their hat-brims?
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

paulr

Quote from: FierceKitty on 30 November 2017, 10:57:14 AM
Why don't they have proper uniforms?
Because they are based on the British army's uniforms ;)

Quote from: FierceKitty on 30 November 2017, 10:57:14 AM
Or even corks on their hat-brims?
Because there are less flies in Palestine  ;D
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!