Accused of hacking??

Started by ErHo, 05 October 2017, 04:31:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ErHo

I'm trying to post on a thread about Rourkes drift from 2013 being the last post.

Every time I try to post it says "Hacking Attempt..."

I swear I'm not that smart!

I'll try to close my browser and all that and try again, just dont ban me or something for multiple hacking attempts!
"Call it extreme if you like, but I propose we hit it hard and hit it fast with a major - and I mean major - leaflet campaign."

- Rimmer

Leon

We've got a bug in the forum software unfortunately, where any threads with an apostrophe in the thread title can cause that error message.  If you remove the apostrophe in the thread title box of your reply, it should work OK.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

ErHo

Yeah, restarted browser and then cleared cookies but I'm still flagged as a hacker.

:'(
"Call it extreme if you like, but I propose we hit it hard and hit it fast with a major - and I mean major - leaflet campaign."

- Rimmer

ErHo

Nice!   Just got it posted!

Youre a great guy Leon, I dont care what Kim Jong Un says about you!   :D

- Rimmer

Techno

Without looking at the thread's 'header' I can't be sure, ErHo....

But.....

For some reason the 'forum' doesn't like apostrophes in thread titles.....It never used to throw a wobbly with apostrophes.....But it does NOW !

If you go back to the thread you were trying to post in, have a look for apostrophes.
As long as you alter the thread title in your reply, so there aren't any apostrophes.....It should work !!

Even those of us that know about this get caught by this from time to time.....It's bloody irritating after you've plonked out a decent length reply.

Hope that's the problem....and this helps.

Cheers - Phil

Techno

Oh well....Leon answered this before I hit post !  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cheers - Phil

fsn

It's a constant battle between the desire to post and the demands of good punctuation.

:(
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Orcs

Quote from: fsn on 05 October 2017, 05:01:05 PM
It's a constant battle between the desire to post and the demands of good punctuation.

:(

Don't you mean

It's a constant battle between the desire to post and the availability on AMAZON
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Techno

I'll get you back, Mark......Don't you worry. :P

But I'll wait for a good while, so that when it comes....You won't be expecting it.

Cheers - Phil (I'll let you know when I use the first plaster.)  ;)

SV52

Got the same thing today in the Non-Pendraken board. Hacking attempt  ??? then post already submitted but no post in evidence. Tried thrice with logouts.
"The time has come, the walrus said..."

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

One of Will's modern threads has  taste and wont let me post, but it's the only one. There ARE always work rounds...
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Apostrophe probably, just delete it in the title
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

SV52

Quote from: mad lemmey on 06 November 2017, 12:13:15 PM
Apostrophe probably, just delete it in the title

:-bd Oh wise one, especially for you:
"The time has come, the walrus said..."

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

Dunnadd

The server is an anti-grammar Nazi now then?