Pendraken Miniatures Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
21 October 2017, 02:21:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We've purchased the rights to the TB Line 10mm ranges!
241955 Posts in 14657 Topics by 2059 Members
Latest Member: Iceni warrior
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Pendraken Miniatures Forum
|-+  Pendraken News & Info!
| |-+  General Pendraken
| | |-+  How well do Roman Clibinarii and Catafracts mx with Sassanid Persian ones?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How well do Roman Clibinarii and Catafracts mx with Sassanid Persian ones?  (Read 181 times)
mad lemmey
Field Marshal

« on: 05 October 2017, 01:41:18 PM »

Hi chaps,
The butterfly has again, inevitably, flapped her wings...
If, possibly, I was tempted, maybe, to buy some Sassanid Persians, how well would the Later Roman catafracts and Clibinarii that donít have website photos fit in?

Is it time I had a signature? Everyone else does.

Chekov's Gun, Occam's Razor, and Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle walk into a bar. You won't believe what happens next!

2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner 😎
Leman
General

« Reply #1 on: 05 October 2017, 02:38:08 PM »

Initial response was they would get into bar fights.

I think this has cropped up quite recently, and the answer was they should fit quite well, particularly in the earlier Sassanid armies. Someone also pointed out that the Romans didn't used heavily armoured mounted archers, although they are in the Roman list, but the Sassanids did. I have seen the late Roman horse armoured figures and they come with the horse and riders lower torso and legs as one piece and the upper torso, arms and head as a separate piece, which makes for some interesting variations.

You'll still have to go to MM for elephants though.
« Last Edit: 05 October 2017, 02:44:41 PM by Leman » Logged

The artist formally known as Dour Puritan!
FierceKitty
General

Down south of the border....

« Reply #2 on: 05 October 2017, 02:43:38 PM »

Or Old Glory.

My opponents never play well. I was unlucky/the rules are unfair/I was off form/I felt sorry for him and let him win....
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: