That was a nice beer.

Started by Duke Speedy of Leighton, 04 October 2017, 09:48:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

d_Guy

Quote from: Orcs on 05 October 2017, 09:20:53 AM
I am afraid I am of the opinion that ladies should only drink beer in halves.  I have no issue with buying two of them, but I consider a half pint glass so much more feminine.

I think they should be wearing garter belts for the same reason, but those days are long gone (mostly)  :)
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

Raider4

Quote from: Orcs on 05 October 2017, 09:20:53 AM
I am afraid I am of the opinion that ladies should only drink beer in halves.  I have no issue with buying two of them, but I consider a half pint glass so much more feminine.

I have no opinion on the matter either way, other than to note that it's still a rare enough occurrence that people comment on it.

My wife is frankly horrified by the idea of a woman drinking a pint.

Cheers, M.
--

Westmarcher

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

FierceKitty

Hard to believe this has ever been an issue.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

DanJ

QuoteI am afraid I am of the opinion that ladies should only drink beer in halves.

What about cider? 

Westmarcher

Quote from: FierceKitty on 06 October 2017, 01:24:22 AM
Hard to believe this has ever been an issue.

.... and that for some, it still is.   :o

p.s. Did no-one like the video? Should I have put it in the Top Totty thread instead?
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

sunjester

Quote from: Westmarcher on 06 October 2017, 09:56:07 AM
.... and that for some, it still is.   :o

p.s. Did no-one like the video? Should I have put it in the Top Totty thread instead?

That was a BIG glass of beer!

Techno

I have to admit...

I was dragged off to see a Queen tribute band (Mercury ?.....they were absolutely superb), about 15 years ago,  in a 'working mans'' club, Not far from Newark, where we lived at the time.

The 'girlies' were all drinking out of pint glasses....Which was a bit of a culture shock, at the time.

Wonderful evening, music wise !

Cheers - Phil

toxicpixie

I've never not seen women drinking pints - halves have had a funny look since the mid eighties in my experience!

I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting