The Rules.

Started by Duke Speedy of Leighton, 03 October 2017, 03:32:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

03 October 2017, 03:32:18 PM Last Edit: 27 October 2017, 05:14:42 PM by mad lemmey
Pay attention now,
Yes, you at the back.

1) All entries must be Pendraken figures.
2) You may enter as many categories as you desire, as many times.
3) Each entry should be placed into the appropriate catagory, if you are unsure, contact myself or Leon.
4) You are allowed two pictures per entry, no collages, except for 'Best Wargaming Army' and 'Best Warband Army'
5) Misposts and mistakes will be rectified by moderators. If you cannot post yourself send entries to me at madlemmey at hotmail dot com or Leon and we will get you sorted.
6) There will be NO prizes, apart from the pride in winning your category, and maybe a nice footer note.
7) Each catagory will be put to a vote amount you lovely forum members. You will have three votes per catagory. The vote period will last from December 1st-7th
Previous Judges and Pendraken employees will be allowed to enter, but will be noted as Judges or Employees.
8 ) As organiser, I will not be allowed to enter any catagory, nor will I comment publicly on individual entries until after the votes have closed, but I will vote.
9) Each category will have two threads in this board. 'Entries' and 'Discusion. Entries only in entries, discussion in discussion please!
10) No figures can be entered that have been previously entered in prior painting competitions (i.e. February 2016)
11) I will open threads on 1st November (as close to 00:01GMT as I can) and close them (as close to) after 23:59:59GMT on the 30th.
There will then be a 7 day voting period.

As we discuss and enter, just have fun, it's what Aart would have wanted.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

Brilliant, Will !!

Final rules ammendment should be.....

No complaining.......This is absolutely JUST for fun, this year.

Rule 8......Oh Bum....I was going to vote for you for organizing this, Will.

Rule 7..... Just to clarify......Each category will be a 'members of the forum' vote.....(Bliss...I don't have to worry about being a judge this year.)

Yes....This is just what Aart would have appreciated.

For those of you have joined relatively recently....Aart was a wonderful friend, on the forum, who passed away......FAR too early.
We miss his wit, madness and friendship.

Cheers - Phil

d_Guy

Quote from: Techno on 03 October 2017, 03:59:20 PM

Yes....This is just what Aart would have appreciated.

For those of you have joined relatively recently....Aart was a wonderful friend, on the forum, who passed away......FAR too early.
We miss his wit, madness and friendship.

I came to this too late to have had interaction with Aart but his blog is still extant. Here is his wonderful post on "God's Own Scale":
https://crossfireamersfoort.wordpress.com/god´s-own-scale/
Sleep with clean hands ...

fred.

2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

paulr

Thanks for organising this Mad Lemmy
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Steve J

Will the models have to be painted within the time frame, or can any models that have been painted since the last comp be used? I presume models previously submitted do not count?

fred.

Normally its models painted since the last comp, and ones that haven't been entered anywhere else.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Duke Speedy of Leighton

04 October 2017, 12:16:02 AM #7 Last Edit: 04 October 2017, 12:21:51 AM by mad lemmey
Quote from: Steve J on 03 October 2017, 08:18:16 PM
Will the models have to be painted within the time frame, or can any models that have been painted since the last comp be used? I presume models previously submitted do not count?
Correct. Have added rule 10 to confirm.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

DFlynSqrl

Steve J

Thanks for confirming Will :)

ErHo

Any paint brand restrictions?   8)

I've already started to soak the minis in tea for good luck!

"Call it extreme if you like, but I propose we hit it hard and hit it fast with a major - and I mean major - leaflet campaign."

- Rimmer

d_Guy

;D

Wait....does that work?  :-\
Sleep with clean hands ...

ErHo

Quote from: d_Guy on 04 October 2017, 08:28:21 PM
;D

Wait....does that work?  :-

I'm thinking it cant hurt.   I've also got a pic of the queen on the table, and Benny Hill playing in the back on a loop for painting sessions to hedge my bets!
"Call it extreme if you like, but I propose we hit it hard and hit it fast with a major - and I mean major - leaflet campaign."

- Rimmer

Redstef

As its a just for fun paint off, I see no reason why as an organiser you exclude yourself Will. IMO the more the merrier as I enjoy seeing different styles and techniques (no idea or method is to good not to be stolen :)  )
"From each according to ability, to each according to need" Karl Marx.............I really need those figures

2015 Painting Competition - People's Choice!
2016 Painting Competition - 3 x Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 4 x Winner!
2018 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner, 1 x Runner-Up!

kev1964

Well done Lemmey, it's nice to see the comp back on, looking forward to seeing some great work again.

kev
2013 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!