The Rules.

Started by Duke Speedy of Leighton, 03 October 2017, 03:32:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orcs

As its for fun  and you not involved in the  vote I cannot see any valid reason for Lemmy not being allowed in the comp.
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Maybe because I can't be bothered taking part!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Tarty

Look forward to seeing some of these. It was some of the previous painting comp pic's that tipped me over the edge into world of 10s
"I can see the carrot at the end of the tunnel..."
2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

Obsidian23

@mad lemmey,

Many thanks.  Now I can demonstrate my painting technique in a dusty, dimly lit room somewhere in the middle east!!!  Using Arab made undercoat which although it says Matt Black is actually a very nice high Gloss :D

Hmmm, wonder if I can do this with an LED Torch  (Flashlight for those North Americans reading).

Cheers

Duke Speedy of Leighton

@Obsidion - Sorry chap. I tried to give as much notice as possible. If I left it later it would crash into December.
On a silly note, not know exactly what you are up to out there, Have you got any chance to escape, buy matt paint, and return? Or could Leon send out figures that are pre-undercoated (for a reasonable fee)? ;)
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Obsidian23

@mad lemme,

That's a great idea.  I should ask Leon.  Anyway not so bad this time round as I head back to Canada tomorrow for two weeks leave, so pressure is off!  Hopefully I won't have too much of a honey-do list so I can't paint some of my Nap Austro-Hungarians I picked up at 'Salute' a few ago.

I need more after looking at the figs so I may ask Leon about that, would be happy to pay if it saves me the heartache here in the desert.

Leon, what's your thought on Mad-lemmey's absolutely brilliant idea???.??? :-

Cheers

fsn

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Timings added to first post

Jesus

2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

Jesus

For the army can you put some more detailed photo?
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

mollinary

13 November 2017, 08:30:09 PM #26 Last Edit: 13 November 2017, 08:31:56 PM by mollinary
Is it just me, or weren't there supposed to be discussion threads as well as entry ones????  

Mollinary
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

THere is a discussion thread, it's been pretty quiet!

mollinary

Quote from: mad lemmey on 03 October 2017, 03:32:18 PM
Pay attention now,
Yes, you at the back.

9) Each category will have two threads in this board. 'Entries' and 'Discusion. Entries only in entries, discussion in discussion please!

This is what I was referring to, and I cannot see them!!!!!!! So not really surprising that there is no discussion?
Mollinary
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Ithoriel

Quote from: mollinary on 13 November 2017, 09:19:43 PM
This is what I was referring to, and I cannot see them!!!!!!! So not really surprising that there is no discussion?
Mollinary

http://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,16753.0.html
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data