Hello from.sunny England

Started by Moggy1000, 29 September 2017, 03:43:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moggy1000

Thanks for accepting me guys, got my dark elf figurines a day or so ago, happy I made the purchase. I'm located in the sunny West Yorkshire and hoping to be able to find people to wargame with...

Kind Regards
Luke

Ithoriel

Hi Luke,

welcome to the forum! It can be a place of both inspiration and insanity :)

If you have questions plenty of people here are both knowledgeable and helpful.

If you're interested in rules then it's likely someone here will have at least read them, if not played them.

If you post pictures of your painted figures there will be nice comments and sometimes even tips on how to make them look even better than they already do.

Enjoy your time here!
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

d_Guy

Welcome to the forum, Moggy. I'm on the wrong side of the pond to get together to play but you're likely to find someone here.
Enjoy the madness!  :)
Sleep with clean hands ...

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Orcs

Welcome Luke, 

Even if you do tell porkies about the weather in Yorkshire.  We all know it rains ALL the time in Yorkshire, apart from summer which is on 27th August between half past one and Five o'clock   :)

The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Leman

Welcome to the Dark Side Luke. There is a lighter side where the great events of actual history from actual wars takes place.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

FierceKitty

Quote from: Leman on 29 September 2017, 06:02:40 PM
Welcome to the Dark Side Luke. There is a lighter side where the great events of actual history from actual wars takes place.

Ah, real wargaming.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Steve J

Welcome on board from slightly sunny Bristol 8)

fsn

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Subedai

Wotcha from the other end of the country in Kent.

MickS
Blog is at
http://thewordsofsubedai.blogspot.co.uk/

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

paulr

Welcome Moggy :-h

I see you have already attracted the attention of our other resident feline ;)

Enjoy this diverse hobby as you see fit :)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

toxicpixie

Hallo, and are you painting Dark Elves by any chance...
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Moggy1000

Thanks for all the kind words, to reply to some... Wargaming is a bit of fun... Those battles you talk about already had an ending ;)... Yes I am painting my dark elves but going for a more traditional "still related to high elves in some way" so pale skin and black hair, followed by a purple and gold attire with steel armor... Now how do I insert an image? Haha

Fenton

If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!