A Confession

Started by Orcs, 26 September 2017, 09:26:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orcs

26 September 2017, 09:26:12 AM Last Edit: 26 September 2017, 11:14:49 AM by Orcs
In the name of the Dark Lord, M'lady and the casting Dwarves , my last confession was many years ago.(Actually I'm not Catholic so never confessed)

They say the Devil makes work for idle hands........ Well, I had a rather uneventful set of nights and while bored and trawling the internet  I looked  at my Amazon account, ordered something and realised that I had Phil's address set up as a option. ( I had ordered some CDS as part payment for some work Phil had done.)

The intricacies of the internet   then flagged up "items of interest" which included First Aid Kits (Mrs Orcs had looked at them) on Amazon.

This then triggered an evil thought and guessing that Nobby would get the blame I ordered stuff for Phil's address.  I even pre-warmed Nobby that he would probably get the blame  by sending him am IM entitled "you will probably get the blame for this."

My guess proved to be correct and I sat back and enjoyed ensuing forum activity.

In my defence I blame

Not having enough work to do
The Internet for linking things together
Mrs Orcs for looking at First Aid Kits
Techno for being accident prone
And last but by no means least......Nobby for being there as a scapegoat

So while It might have been me it was not really my fault!

And now my act of Contrition

O Dark lord , I am heartily sorry for having offended you and I detest all my sins (actually that's not correct, some of them I positively enjoy), because I dread the loss of Pendraken  and the pains of Games Workshop . But most of all because I have offended you, Dark Lord, who are all good and deserving of all my orders. I firmly resolve with the help of M'lady, to confess my sins, to do penance (but not too much)and to amend my life(That would be boring). Amen.
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

FierceKitty

Go, and do no more wrong. And post twenty messages calling impatiently for Aztecs, centurion tanks, Burmese Banana Wars, Huns, Cossacks, and more Aztecs.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Ace of Spades

So let it be written, so let it be done!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

DanJ

A full act of contrition would include saying 6 "Patter Leon's", 6 "Hail Dave's" and buying French, British, Prussian and Austrian 7YW armies.  That should keep your naughty little fingers properly busy and away from Amazon.

FierceKitty

Have to get the big 5 - don't leave out the Russians.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Quote from: DanJ on 26 September 2017, 09:46:03 AM
buying French, British, Prussian and Austrian 7YW armies.  That should keep your naughty little fingers properly busy and away from Amazon.

He already has; they're sitting ready for collection!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

fsn

Gentlemen ... and d_Guy.

I stand vindicated. I must thank Friend Orcs for his confession. I do not blame him, for it was a goodly jape, and well executed.

However, the rest of your rotten rotters who were so willing to point the finger ...
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

After Nobby pleaded his innocence...(I admit, I was SURE it was him at the beginning)......There was really only one person I thought might be guilty.  ;D ;D ;D

Amazingly, I haven't had to use any of the plasters yet. Though they do fall out of the cupboard each time I open it.

Cheers - Phil (It was a jolly jape !)

I will now plot with Nobby how to get you back.

Techno

Quote from: FierceKitty on 26 September 2017, 09:34:25 AM
Go, and do no more wrong. And post twenty messages calling impatiently for Aztecs, centurion tanks, Burmese Banana Wars, Huns, Cossacks, and more Aztecs.

You're going to have to help Leon, Kitty.
Having FINALLY finished the last two back banners......I packed them all up....Looked for my crib sheet, to send as well, so that Leon would know 'what's what.'

Can't find it.

I know what a handful of them are.....But the rest.  X_X

Ooops - Cheers - Phil

FierceKitty

I dare do all that may become a man, if it gets those nifty little shinies into my greedy paws. (quoted from memory)

Techno

Ta, muchly, Kitty....

I think a couple are called 'jaguars'......I know which one's the musician. (He's easy peasy).....A 'conehead' (or two).....But what some of the 'grunts' and other warriors are called, I haven't got a clue, now.

Cheers - Phil

Orcs

Quote from: Techno on 26 September 2017, 10:55:49 AM
You're going to have to help Leon, Kitty.
Having FINALLY finished the last two back banners......I packed them all up....Looked for my crib sheet, to send as well, so that Leon would know 'what's what.'

Can't find it.

I know what a handful of them are.....But the rest.  X_X

Ooops - Cheers - Phil

Perhaps I should order you  the osprey book on Amazon  :D
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Techno

Bog Off !!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

They're all packed up now.....and I'm not unpacking them again.

By the end of the day (please) I'll have finished off that Vickers m/g ...and then Leon can have a package containing enough stuff to give him fun for weeks.
I shall go and ask a question about the Vickers in a more appropriate thread, as well.  :D

Cheers - Phil.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

And 'as answered it for youse....despite youse doin bloody AZTECS !!!!  :'( :'( :'( :'(
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021