Multi-period Armored Train

Started by Natxo, 24 September 2017, 04:49:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Natxo

Hello.

I have the Boer War armoured train and it is a wonderful miniature. Most of the wagons are very useful for any period game involving armored trains, but I think that some new wagons could be very wellcomed.

An armored gun wagon, with a couple of turrets at eche extreme and machineguns protruding from the sides. It can be used for WW1, RCW, Russo-polish, and WW2.

A modern armored engine would be great also, as the boer war one is too small and too "homemade"compared with later models.

Thank you.

fsn

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

shireman

I  would add my vote for this, thanks.

Orcs

There is I believe plans to make a  WW2 era Polish armoured train, and I think Martin has the task on his very long list.  Most of the components of this could be used for German or soviet as well, particularly as some parts like the engine and tender, assault cars and flat wagons are fairly generic.  One of the polish ones was captured by the Germans and used against the Russians who in turn captured it and used it against the Germans.

Hopefully the wagons with things like tank turrets on will be able to swap a T34 turrets for Panzer 4 turrets

So as long as you do not put any national markings on it it will work for most protagonists
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Orcs

The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson