BKC II - To The Next River and Prelude to Kursk

Started by Albie Bach, 21 September 2017, 02:15:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Albie Bach

Last year I started playing the series of games, Fighting the Great Patriotic War one battle at a time, written by Andrew Rolph and published by Miniature Wargames, and I posted a few BatReps of the early games.
I did complete the games earlier this year but was unable to do the Battle Reports at the time.
I am pleased to say the reports for the last 2 games are now up on my Blog.

Part 5 - To The Next River

Background
It's early in 1943 on the Eastern Front and, in their counter-offensive, the Soviets are becoming adept at river crossings. They would try to end the current offensive with a bridgehead over the next river so the the next stage of the offensive would start from a bridgehead instead of with a river crossing.
The Germans learnt to counterattack immediately, with whatever they had to hand, to eliminate such bridgeheads.

Battle Report here: http://colinswargaming.blogspot.co.uk/2017/09/bkc-ii-to-next-river.html

Part 6 - Prelude To Kursk

Background
It's May 1943 on the Eastern Front and both Hitler and Stalin wanted to continue offensives around Kursk. Stalin had been persuaded to absorb the initial German attacks and use the rebuilt Tank and Mechanised Corps in counter-attacks once the Germans had been ground to a halt against the Soviet defences.
In this battle, the Germans are trying to straighten out the front line by penetrating a small salient.

Battle Report here: http://colinswargaming.blogspot.co.uk/2017/09/bkc-ii-prelude-to-kursk.html

Sadly no longer with us - RIP (2018)

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

sunjester

Techno

Smoking gun

Now they've knocked me down and taken it, that still hot and smoking gun.

Ithoriel

Nice looking set-up and an excellent AAR. Cheers!
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Womble67

Nice looking game and battle report

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Albie Bach

Sadly no longer with us - RIP (2018)