Group Finally Schedules Conversation about How Much Fun It Would Be to Play D&D

Started by ErHo, 20 September 2017, 05:17:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ErHo

Dunno about you guys who have clubs and guilds with a dozen members but for me, this struggle is real.

Replace "D&D" with any game, and thats me and my 5 buds...

For a good laugh...
http://thehardtimes.net/harddrive/group-finally-schedules-conversation-much-fun-play-dd-time/

QuoteThe conversation is tentatively set for this Sunday afternoon around 4:00pm, but will likely have to be pushed back depending on when Justin is able to leave his cousin's birthday party. Rumors are circulating that Gary might even bring this girl he's been seeing, who's not super into this kind of stuff, but she's cool and the guys will really like her.

Just had 2 drop off from this fridays game night for our 5e campaign, but we will probably end up playing with my warband set like we did last time so thats fine!

"Call it extreme if you like, but I propose we hit it hard and hit it fast with a major - and I mean major - leaflet campaign."

- Rimmer

d_Guy

;D
Even as a solo player I have trouble getting all of my mind in the same place at the same time to actually play a game.
Sleep with clean hands ...

sunjester

DanJ

A group of 6 us plus a DM started a 5ed D&D campaign about 18 months ago.  The idea was to play once a month outside a club night so as not to impinge on real wargaming.

So far we seem to be averaging about 1 game every 6 weeks and it takes about 30-50 emails to schedule everyone in the same place at the same time.  Oh for the olden days before responsibilities when I could play AD&D twice a week.

It's still great fun though.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Ace of Spades

;D
I think mr Zack Borman will have some explaining to do on this years family reunion; other family members (especially the older generations) might feel somewhat shocked at his approach to organising people and events...

Cheers,
Rob
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

DanJ

QuoteAre you GM it? And have you managed a TPK yet?

I'm not the DM, just a lowly wizard running around and trying to keep my ass from getting kicked.  Despite the DM's best efforts we haven't lost a party member, but one was retired voluntarily due to him not fitting in with the party.

I last played and DM'd D&D way back when it was AD&D, the new 5th Edition is rather different, not better or worse, just different; and it's still great fun if you get the right mix of people.

Incidentally we've also be playing some 'All for One' games using the Ubiquiity system and within a limited world frame I think the system is actually more interesting than D&D.