I just want to say...

Started by d_Guy, 14 September 2017, 11:32:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

d_Guy

...that I just received my new custom cut bases from Minibits/Pendraken and I REALLY like the smell of them! They smell like - I don't know - victory.

Thanks again for the excellent service, Leon!  :-bd :-bd =D> =D>
Sleep with clean hands ...

Leon

No worries, good to hear they arrived safely!

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

fsn

I'm with you d_Guy on the smell.

To be honest, I only buy the figures as an excuse to buy more bases.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

sunjester

Quote from: fsn on 15 September 2017, 08:00:38 AM
I'm with you d_Guy on the smell.

I think if we were to gather all the forum members together there would be cornucopia of "interesting" smells.

Roy

Especially if my Irritable Bowel was playing up!  :O) [I couldn't find a emoticon that was farting]
princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}

FierceKitty

Quote from: RoyWilliamson on 15 September 2017, 09:58:32 AM
Especially if my Irritable Bowel was playing up!  :O) [I couldn't find a emoticon that was farting]

Thank goodness.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Steve J

Nope, laser cut mdf is way too acrid for me. I suppose it reminds me of timber or mdf cut with blunt blades at work, or people cutting said materials incorrectly. However I love the smell of creosote, tar and silage.

d_Guy

Quote from: Steve J on 15 September 2017, 10:30:53 AM
However I love the smell of creosote, tar and silage.

I couldn't agree more - lovely.

I think the secret to enjoying the bases is to take them out of their little plastic bags and allow them to breathe a bit.

Roy

Ah, creosote. Splash some on your bare flesh and enjoy  :d

We had a few gallon of the 'cure-all' after the good stuff was deemed not-safe for use or sale. Absolutely hated using it, I did.   
princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}

d_Guy

Leman

Maybe just one tiny waffer thin mint.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Steve J

Yep, brushing it on a fence in the summer was not fun, as you had to be really covered up and it stained anything it touched.

Orcs

That used to be my job as a kid - creosote the fence.  I love the smell.  you can still buy it if your a registered user.  You have to have proper outbuildings like barns or stables. Wish I could still get it, much better at doing its job than the so called "environmentally friendly" stuff
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

toxicpixie

I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

d_Guy

Quote from: Leman on 18 September 2017, 11:16:59 AM
Maybe just one tiny waffer thin mint.

;D ;D

Sorry - just put it all together! Nice!