Napoleonic Prussian additions!

Started by Leon, 13 September 2017, 10:37:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

We had some extra Prussian sculpts done earlier this year for one of Napoleonic customers (yep, that chap with the 40,000 figure games!) so we've got some photos of them taken and added them to the website.  

Napoleonic
Prussian
NPR18    Grenadiers, march attack (16)    £2.65
NPR19    Grenadier mounted officer (5)    £1.65
NPR20    Cuirassiers (15)    £4.95

And the pics:

NPR18 - Grenadiers, march attack

NPR19 - Grenadier mounted officer

NPR20 - Cuirassiers

That's the releases all done for a short while, we'll have some more ready at the end of the month with some new League of Augsburg / WSS additions.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Oh hello!
They are rather splendid. Good work all.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Womble67

The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Chad

Nice figures, but as I pointed out when the greens were shown, according to my information plumes were not worn on campaign. As far as I know only Russian grenadiers wore them on campaign.

Roy

princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}

Leon

Quote from: Chad on 14 September 2017, 11:42:19 AM
Nice figures, but as I pointed out when the greens were shown, according to my information plumes were not worn on campaign. As far as I know only Russian grenadiers wore them on campaign.

I think that must have been the Guard greens as we've never previewed these as far as I can remember?  I've always wondered about dress vs. campaign for sculpting, do folks prefer having the plumes on figures like these so there's something distinctive when they're on the table?  Take the plumes off and give them shako covers and they're no different to the line?
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Roy

Quote from: Leon on 14 September 2017, 01:10:43 PM
do folks prefer having the plumes on figures like these so there's something distinctive when they're on the table? 

that would be my preference.
princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}

MAgamer

paulr

Quote from: Leon on 14 September 2017, 01:10:43 PM
I think that must have been the Guard greens as we've never previewed these as far as I can remember?  I've always wondered about dress vs. campaign for sculpting, do folks prefer having the plumes on figures like these so there's something distinctive when they're on the table?  Take the plumes off and give them shako covers and they're no different to the line?

I prefer distinctive

I've read a couple of accounts of soldiers preparing for battle the next day and they made a point of sorting their uniforms out and trying to look their best :-\
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

John Cook

Quote from: Chad on 14 September 2017, 11:42:19 AM

Correct.  All Prussian infantry wore shako covers on campaign, including the Guard and Grenadiers.  You see them in all their finery though, in contemporary plates done in Paris during the occupation by Genty and similar artists.