Flytrap Factory 15mm Modern US Marines, 2nd Go

Started by bigjackmac, 13 September 2017, 03:06:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigjackmac

All,

A few years ago I'd bought some Flytrap Factory Modern US Marines.  I really loved the figures, but I tried to make them some kind of Ultramodern and screwed them all up.  That is, I tried to paint them in a Multicam uniform, but then I didn't like the colors I used, and they didn't really match anything I had going on gaming wise.  Not a bad paintjob, just wasn't what I was looking for.  So I sold them off on TMP and moved on with life.  But earlier this year I found myself back on Flytrap's web page, staring at them, and when I decided to buy Anton's new (at the time) Royal Marines, I couldn't help but throw in for some more of the US Marines.

The entire group, twenty Marines.  These guys are done up as MARSOC operators, in temperate uniform and basing.  I have a (mostly) matching set done up for the desert.  The uniforms are simple, just plain green flightsuits and helmets with no cover, Coyote Brown body armor and gear, yellow boots, gloves, and goggles.  On the left shoulder you can see I tried to paint up a Raider patch.  I did my standard variation of three different flesh tones.

Closeup of a SAW gunner, one of my favorite sculpts.  To see a bunch more photos, please check the blog at:
http://blackhawkhet.blogspot.com/2017/09/flytrap-factory-15mm-modern-us-marines_13.html

Well, that's the force you're seeing for the good guys in Operation Currahee, need to post up the bad guys, some East Germans from Battlefront.

V/R,
Jack

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

d_Guy

Sleep with clean hands ...

petercooman

bigjackmac