wich one is yours Phil?

Started by petercooman, 13 September 2017, 08:14:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

petercooman

This got posted on the oldhammer facebook page:

"A retake of the Slambo shots that I posted the other day to include the MM90 Chaos Dwarf Mini Me, painted by Stuart Thomas, Phil Lewis and Steve Mussared"

Soooooo wich one is yours?  :D

edit: will probably not be the ones on round bases, they are recent additions.

Techno

Second from the left, Peter.

Cheers - Phil.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

petercooman

Quote from: Techno on 13 September 2017, 08:19:57 AM

Cheers - Phil.

Nice paintjob!

I have those lying around actually, should het them painted!

Orcs

Cheers - Phil.
Very nice, two very sharp looking axes , I hope you have a plaster or two handy  ;D ;D
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

O Dinas Powys

Cheers - Phil.

I was genuinely going to type - before I scrolled down and saw this *AND* before I saw Peter's edit - that the blood red one was probably the most likely candidate...  ;)
(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )

Techno

Quote from: Orcs on 13 September 2017, 09:41:56 AM
Very nice, two very sharp looking axes , I hope you have a plaster or two handy  ;D ;D

OI !!  :P

Cheers - Phil

Womble67

13 September 2017, 11:08:15 AM #7 Last Edit: 13 September 2017, 11:21:51 AM by Womble67
Very nice indeed

Take care

Andy

The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

To me they look very drunk, absolutely plastered in fact !  :'( :'(
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Techno

The one on the left looks like one of the metal 'fakes' for the back of a box shot...(Heroquest ?...I can't remember).....If Mike McVey didn't paint that, it's a damn good forgery.

The only two plastics (for certain ?) are the one 'wot I dun' and the one on the far right.

Cheers - Phil

petercooman

The left One was labeled as the prototype for heroquest.

Think the ones on the round bases are finecast.

Techno

Sounds about right, Peter.

When games were produced.....One (if not THE) first things that had to be done was getting the box done, and off to the printers...(And back...ready to put everything in !!) .....The plastic figures could take a LONG time to get sculpted and then turned into a plastic sprue.

What tended to happen (as far as the figures were concerned) was a three times scale figurine would be made.....and from that the sculptors would do a 'copy' in green stuff (as near as possible) to the size the plastic figure would ultimately be produced in.....That was pressed, and sent back to the studio, as a metal....Painted up....I'd photograph it....and that was another bit of 'stuff' ready to go off to the printers.

I don't know how they do it now....But in those days (over a quarter of a century ago)...The contents on the back of the box, were effectively as accurate as possible 'mock ups'.

Cheers - Phil

petercooman

What You See more and more these Days is 3d renders of the sculpts.

So i'm guessing a 3d printer is used To make the First mock-ups.

ErHo

Is that pic from an old white dwarf?

"Call it extreme if you like, but I propose we hit it hard and hit it fast with a major - and I mean major - leaflet campaign."

- Rimmer

Techno

I don't think so.

I believe my own figure might have appeared in WD as a single shot.......Then I took it home.....It was MINE. ;D ;D ;D

(I wonder who's got it now.)

Cheers - Phil