11 new Post-War/Modern vehicles released!

Started by Leon, 09 September 2017, 03:55:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

d_Guy

Quote from: fsn on 09 September 2017, 06:47:48 PM
As for them being modern, they're modern when compared to, say a Sumerian Ass Chariot.

Not sure if that's true, old boy. Here is a recently discovered image:

Sleep with clean hands ...

fsn

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Ithoriel

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Roy

And to get the onagers to go faster, all you had to do was dangle a carrot from the end of the gun barrel!
princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}

Duke Speedy of Leighton

And when will post-modern vehicles happen?
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

d_Guy

Quote from: mad lemmey on 10 September 2017, 08:18:56 PM
And when will post-modern vehicles happen?
When the modern ones are deconstructed.
Sleep with clean hands ...

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Do they get turned into little cubes? That was my impression.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Roy

don't they term 1946-2000 'Modern'?

2000 and after 'Ultra Modern'?

I think there needs to be a new hobby label, myself, for post-WW2 to the late 90s warfare. Can't really label it Modern anymore.
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

Sunray

Quote from: RoyWilliamson on 11 September 2017, 09:42:52 AM
don't they term 1946-2000 'Modern'?

2000 and after 'Ultra Modern'?

I think there needs to be a new hobby label, myself, for post-WW2 to the late 90s warfare. Can't really label it Modern anymore.
I agree- the wire guided ATM and the spaced armour were the first game changers. The next quantum leap was thermal imaging. So we really have three discrete periods.
Early Cold War (BKC era rules ) , Late Cold War and Modern.

The Iraqi 12th Armoured did everything right (in terms of 1980s cold war tactics) but the Battle of 70-74Eastings is  a text book of innovation.  We learned that only a cold tank could survive.   Indeed US tanks barrelled past T55s that had cold engines !  Hull down is no longer enough.

Roy

Always fancied collecting an Iraqi force for Desert Storm. I blame the photos of the GHQ micro armour box set.

Back to labelling. Team Yankee is labelled as World War 3, if I remember correctly. Which is preposterous to my mind. And it's other label of Cold War Gone Hot, is only marginally better. Would have been better to just call a spade a spade and label it 1980s Europe.

Womble67

The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!