Painting Desk/Area

Started by Terry37, 12 September 2017, 10:55:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Obsidian23

;D @toxicpixie  Yes well I have been warned if I make a mess of it she will start hiding things on me!

toxicpixie

It's when makes a partition, "forgets" the door and leaves you behind it you need to worry ;)
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Leman

Quote from: Obsidian23 on 20 September 2017, 11:34:22 AM
;D @toxicpixie  Yes well I have been warned if I make a mess of it she will start hiding things on me!
Every silver lining has a cloud (Mao Tse Nose).
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

fred.

Quote from: Obsidian23 on 20 September 2017, 08:43:08 AM
Thought I would join in on this.  So I consider myself very fortunate as my wife is a wood working genius.  At the moment I am overseas for a year.  While I have been gone for the past two and a half months, she decided to re-build my painting area in the basement.  I will see it for the first time when I go back on leave in 3 weeks.  Thought I would share.  OH the shelving, ceiling and new lights and paint rack was all done by her not some tradey.
so here are some pics over the next couple of posts.

Very nice setup!

I like the idea of being able to spin round in the office chair, inspect the racks of paints, spin again and paint.

I suspect I would soon end up with the contents of the racks on the desk. Or dizzy  :P
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Obsidian23

So the paints are organised by brand and colour sets, blues, greens, reds, browns etc.  I have a small round swivel 'thing' on my desk.  So I grab half a dozen that I need and put them on the little swiveller that also has my brushes and I am good to go for what I am doing.  Then just change em out when I am finished for a new set.

Leman

What does 'charge them out when I am finished' mean?

Obsidian23

As an example if I am doing jackets/coats for French Nap line.  I will have the colours on my desk, the swivel thingy.  Once there done I put them away and grab the next set of colours for the next piece, trousers for example, so I change them out, old set for the new set.

Leman

Right ho, it's a style of production line.