Painting Desk/Area

Started by Terry37, 12 September 2017, 10:55:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SV52

Quote from: d_Guy on 14 September 2017, 02:07:06 PM
I've thought of annotating the paint splotches on by cutting pad and paint surface...and dating the blood splotches.  :D

I do keep note books,Moleskine, because who could remember all of this stuff?

Luddite, I use a Powerpoint clone.
"The time has come, the walrus said..."

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

d_Guy

:)

Can you imagine what would happen if I got my iPad anywhere near my painting desk?  :o
Besides I can paint a color watch on the thick Moleskine page!
Sleep with clean hands ...

Tarty

It's neat atm... ??? won't stay like that for long
"I can see the carrot at the end of the tunnel..."
2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

d_Guy

That is an impressive area, Tarty, almost clinical! I mean that as a complement.

rct75001

Quote from: Tarty on 15 September 2017, 05:00:58 AM
It's neat atm... ??? won't stay like that for long

Just too perfect.

Should have put up someone's table from Goulburn...
And she said "You haven't bought more of those little men have you?"

https://rctlittlesoldiers.blogspot.com.au

pierre the shy

Quote from: Techno on 13 September 2017, 07:00:02 PM
That is absolutely disgusting.....It's so neat and clean. ;)
Cheers - Phil

Luxury!!

Try sharing your computer/painting/basing desk with wife and two 8 year old girls who are not the tidiest at the best of times  :-[  ;) 
Though much is taken, much abides; and though
we are not now that strength which in old days
moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are.

Tarty

Quote from: rct75001 on 15 September 2017, 06:29:50 AM
Just too perfect.

Should have put up someone's table from Goulburn...
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ...good to see you in here
"I can see the carrot at the end of the tunnel..."
2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

ErHo

Well, Im ashamed of my tidiness compared to some of you!

Heres mine, a dark corner where the kids cant nose around in...  :-[

I have a small, similar area in the garage for my man tools, hopefully someday I'll bring it all together in one man cave.
"Call it extreme if you like, but I propose we hit it hard and hit it fast with a major - and I mean major - leaflet campaign."

- Rimmer

Terry37

I am really enjoying this thread and seeing how others ares set up for having fun in our hobby.

However, FJ, your area just will not do, as it is entirely too neat and organized! :) Were I so lucky!!! I do have my paints, and I have a lot of them because I'm a sucker for a new color, sort of organized, but I'm planning to revamp it due to so many new colors.

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

d_Guy

Enjoying the thread also. FJ's is indeed neat (along with Tarty's). In fact FJ's painting projects are also exceedingly well organized. I have had figures on sticks and primed that have disappeared into the mire.

The other thing I've noticed is that some (Terry, Leman and I think Fred) dip the tip of the Vallejo bottle tops into the paint so you can find stuff when it in eight deep ranks. This seems an obvious thing to do but never occurred to me.

Obsidian23

Thought I would join in on this.  So I consider myself very fortunate as my wife is a wood working genius.  At the moment I am overseas for a year.  While I have been gone for the past two and a half months, she decided to re-build my painting area in the basement.  I will see it for the first time when I go back on leave in 3 weeks.  Thought I would share.  OH the shelving, ceiling and new lights and paint rack was all done by her not some tradey.
so here are some pics over the next couple of posts.

Obsidian23

And a close up of one of the two paint racks, well 3, I also have one out near my airbrush booth.
That box is a new style record player, as I like to listen to my old records when I paint.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Okay, I'm very very jealous!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

toxicpixie

Awesome!

Whilst my other half is a wizz at DIY, her opinion of my hobby pursuits is such I'd probably just get a box made and everything locked inside it ;)
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting