Painting Desk/Area

Started by Terry37, 12 September 2017, 10:55:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

d_Guy

I drag stuff like that out of range of the photo.
Sleep with clean hands ...

Roy

Can't finda 'full effect' photo at the mo', so here's the immediate area used.

princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}

Leman

How come there's no paint on that cutting mat?
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Techno

That is absolutely disgusting.....It's so neat and clean. ;)

Cheers - Phil

SV52

Poser, none of that stuff's used  :P
"The time has come, the walrus said..."

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

fred.

As my painting area started this, here's a photo in situ

I'm quite surprised at how similar most peoples painting areas are, from the ubiquitous green cutting mats, to the fairly neat paints, to the piles of in progress stuff, meaning there is a tiny area to work on.

On Jims, I like that he has the gaming table spotlessly clean, but over on the painting table its full up to the edge!
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Terry37

Roy, I notice you have a sketch pad on your rather neat and clean work area. I don't keep a sketch pad (cause I can't draw), but I do keep a small note pad where I document colors and brands I use in painting figures and basing. Works as a valuable tool for me as I can never remember for sure which brown I used or which tan, or.....    You can see it between my paint brushes and the little tool box on the right side of the table.

Terry

"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

Leman

Roy

Quote from: Terry37 on 14 September 2017, 03:13:44 AM
I do keep a small note pad where I document colors and brands I use in painting figures and basing.

Yes, I have such, too. The notepad shown in the photo was just a rough sketch of a Star Trek Enterprise -era spacesuit and phaser pistol, to remind me what needed to be sculpted onto the stock miniature.

The cutting mat in the photo is clean as it is near-new and only used when I'm practising to sculpt/converting. It being easier to work, for me, without the clutter and paint splashes since I'm using my full concentration on the job at hand. When painting, since I've a fair idea of what I'm doing, an old cutting mat is used and the area is messy. I own four cutting mats - I use them to immediately paint on (easy to mop up spills and wash down with water), to photo against as the green base and background helps to show the figures easier, new mats are used when constructing Col. Bill's display stuff or converting so I can see what is what without the distraction of mess.

One thing I don't have is a computer or TV in the same room as where I work. A computer would be useful for reference photos, but I'd hate to spill something on it and break it. TV would be a annoyance as I generally like total silence when working - I may have the radio on, depending on how the mood takes me.

I shall take a true photo of my painting area, to absolve my good name!   

His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

Roy

Happy now?!  :P

Things included in the photo that were bought from Pendraken or Minibits:
1) tubs of talus grit for basing
2) ACW flag sheets
3) ACW figures
4) MDF bases
5) trees
6) Vallejo paints (most have been distilled into empty, small jam jars)
7) figures for VBCW

8*) Colonel Bill's items, that were cast by Pendraken

Techno

That's a bit more like it, Roy !   ;)

Cheers - Phil

Leman

I need music of my choice otherwise I'd go crackers - Sonos at the other end of the room.

Roy

Quote from: Techno on 14 September 2017, 10:39:51 AM
That's a bit more like it, Roy !   ;)

Cheers - Phil

strategic cropping of the photo has hidden the cluttered mess. plus I only took a photo of one corner of the attic room - if you saw the other 3 I'd be ashamed to show my face again  :-[

generally, though, the painting area is clutter-less ... as all the crap gets pushed to the other areas of the room!

Techno

You should see the floor in what I laughingly call the 'work room'.  X_X X_X X_X X_X

Cheers - Phil

d_Guy

14 September 2017, 02:07:06 PM #29 Last Edit: 14 September 2017, 03:11:55 PM by d_Guy
Quote from: Terry37 on 14 September 2017, 03:13:44 AM
... but I do keep a small note pad where I document colors and brands I use in painting figures and basing.
I've thought of annotating the paint splotches on my cutting pad and paint surface...and dating the blood splotches.  :D

I do keep note books,Moleskine, because who could remember all of this stuff?

1407 Zulu: corrected "by" to "my"

Bl***y H*ll! 1507 Zulu
Sleep with clean hands ...