Which one of you oiks........

Started by Techno, 11 September 2017, 10:52:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orcs

Quote from: ianrs54 on 30 October 2017, 08:55:48 AM
Which just goes to prove that your opinion of yourself is far higher than everybody else's  !! (With apologies to Michael Flanders)

IanS  ;)

It can't be , I am  Perfect   :D :D
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Techno

It's happened again !

A spurious package from Amazon, this time containing some plastic, fantasy themed, Christmas figures. :o...They're rather amusing.  ;D ;D

I've asked Nobby if it was him.....But he hasn't got back to me, yet. :-

Not totally sure if this one IS a jape as we ordered some coat hooks from Amazon last week.....which are due to arrive next Monday.
The tracking number on the box that's just arrived, is exactly the same as the tracking number on box that's supposed to contain the coat hooks, which hasn't reached the 'out for delivery' part on the order.

I'll have to wait until .....

a)......The box containing the hooks arrives here, (Then I WILL think this is a Christmas jape. ;))
b)......Amazon mark the coat hooks as being delivered......but not to us......In which case Amazon have done swapsies on the delivery stickers, and someone will wonder why they've got coat hooks instead of toy soldiers.

Be a strange coincidence if I've ended up with toy soldiers destined for someone else, Eh ?

Cheers - Phil

Just proves my contentions about Welsh honesty !!  ;)

fsn

Me? Not me, Gov. I'm as innocent as the say is long. Not as if I'd do that sort of thing. Nope. Not me.

Nope.

Certainly not.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

Awwww........Pants !!

That means sorting it out with Amazon.  =)

Having looked at 'My orders' on Amazon, this morning....apparently my coat hooks were delivered yesterday.....But not here, they weren't.

STROLL ON !!  (or expletive deleted, to be more accurate) :o :o :o :o :o :o :o.....I've just looked these models up on Amazon.......I've got two boxes of the same models priced at £91.37....and one box that I can't find there.

They're 'named' as "War in Christmas village", by Jackalope Enterprise....if you want to have a gander.

Amazon will want those back then......I was half hoping they'd say 'keep them'....Not a lot of chance at that price !

Someone who's got our coat-hooks is going to be a teeny bit peed off !!

Though I'll have to make sure I've not been billed for them first ! (I don't think I have...they're not showing in 'My orders'.....But I'm going to make damn sure.)

Cheers - Phil

Orcs

Quote from: Techno on 14 December 2019, 10:01:25 AM
Awwww........Pants !!

That means sorting it out with Amazon.  =)

Having looked at 'My orders' on Amazon, this morning....apparently my coat hooks were delivered yesterday.....But not here, they weren't.

STROLL ON !!  (or expletive deleted, to be more accurate) :o :o :o :o :o :o :o.....I've just looked these models up on Amazon.......I've got two boxes of the same models priced at £91.37....and one box that I can't find there.

They're 'named' as "War in Christmas village", by Jackalope Enterprise....if you want to have a gander.

Amazon will want those back then......I was half hoping they'd say 'keep them'....Not a lot of chance at that price !

Someone who's got our coat-hooks is going to be a teeny bit peed off !!

Though I'll have to make sure I've not been billed for them first ! (I don't think I have...they're not showing in 'My orders'.....But I'm going to make damn sure.)

Cheers - Phil

Just checked this up on a website that should be familiar to you Phil - Saga.

Here is the link but the basics are below

https://www.saga.co.uk/magazine/money/spending/consumer-rights/can-i-keep-goods-delivered-to-me-by-mistake

What are unsolicited goods?
Items that firms send to you, but you didn't actually order are called "unsolicited goods". You're well within your rights to keep them.

The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 state that you have a right to keep goods delivered to you that you didn't ask for.

You have no obligation to send them back to the company or to pay for them. If you receive a demand for payment for unsolicited goods or services, you can ignore it – it's a criminal offence.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Ithoriel

As I read it, these aren't unsolicited goods as Techno did order something, just not these.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Companies do have right to collect unsolicited goods, You have to tell them, and they have 6 weeks to collect - they pay the costs...

Techno

I have contacted Amazon about this.

They've 'refunded' the original cost of the coat hooks....(Apparently  :-\)...so I've had to order them again. =)

'Monica'.....(I don't believe for one minute that was her real name, because of the accent) told me that I could keep the plastic soldiers.....But I've been emailed a docket to send them back.....Which I'll do.

When I feel like it. :P

Mark.

Saga ?.....That's for kiddies  :P ;)

Cheers - Mr far too old to sort out other peoples' **** ups. :(

Techno

PAH !!!

The docket they've sent is complete gibberish.

If I printed that out, stuck it on the box, and took it to the Post Office in the village...They'd give me a very funny look.

I give up.

Orcs

Quote from: Ithoriel on 14 December 2019, 12:24:40 PM
As I read it, these aren't unsolicited goods as Techno did order something, just not these.
Ithoriel

I would beg to differ.  Techno ordered coat hooks. These have not turned up. The mystery package did

Orcs

Quote from: Techno on 14 December 2019, 02:13:18 PM
PAH !!!

The docket they've sent is complete gibberish.

If I printed that out, stuck it on the box, and took it to the Post Office in the village...They'd give me a very funny look.

I give up.

Phil,

Just keep them, you have advised Amazon and fulfilled your legal duty.  If  Amazon want them back to return to the supplier they need to arrange for them to be collected from you. Why should you faff about, waste your time going to the post office?

Ithoriel

Quote from: Orcs on 14 December 2019, 07:13:43 PM
Ithoriel

I would beg to differ.  Techno ordered coat hooks. These have not turned up. The mystery package did

"It's a different story altogether if items are sent to you by mistake. That is, if the order wasn't meant for you, if it was sent to you twice, or if there's extra stuff on top of what you ordered.

In all these scenarios, they are not classed as unsolicited goods, they still belong to the trader and you should try to give them back.

Firms can take you to court to recover their goods, if you were to resist."
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Ithoriel

Quote from: Orcs on 14 December 2019, 07:14:02 PM
Phil,

Just keep them, you have advised Amazon and fulfilled your legal duty.  If  Amazon want them back to return to the supplier they need to arrange for them to be collected from you. Why should you faff about, waste your time going to the post office?

I had an item which needed to go back to Amazon. They said "Print this out and post it to us." I said,"It's too big to carry, pick it up when you deliver what I ordered.* They said,"Oh, okay then, just keep it." :-)