Finished Afrika Korps

Started by SV52, 10 September 2017, 10:10:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SV52

After a series of posts working through this lot I omitted to post the complete thing way back in July  :-[ So here it is:

Leans heavily on the units in Neil Thomas' 'One Hour Wargames'.  The aircraft is my addition as are the MMGs, they are the fourth infantry unit using the heavy infantry rules from WW1.

Once I get some desert terrain sortedout they'll take the field against the 8th Army.
"The time has come, the walrus said..."

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Steve J

Nice. I've always had a soft spot for the Afrika Korps, mainly because this was the first historical period we played IIRC. Often outside or on the living room carpet, the lack of scenery required was a big bonus. Ruleswise I think we used the Airfix WWII set, which we probably never played properly being young kids. Still we had lots of fun which is what really matters.

Roy

princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}

SV52

Cheers guys.  I thought I was finished with WW2 in this scale.  But I haven't any Russians  :'(
"The time has come, the walrus said..."

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

petercooman

Nice!

Have that zvezda stuka as well, great models for wargaming!