AEC Armoured Car

Started by Sunray, 06 September 2017, 12:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sunray

Big and powerful. It was up gunned from 2pdr via 6pdr to 75mm.  Lingered on until 1958. 

Supplied to a few early NATO armies and far east.

Any takers for a model ?

old smokie

I would take a few of each model if its made,   2pdr, 6pdr and 75mm

Sunray

many thanks - votes counted  :-bd

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Of more use than some of the stuff on here, I'd like one. And brings to mind one that is probably already there, Staghound III, the one with the Crusader III turret and a 75mm.

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Wulf

Wasn't the Deacon SP gun, currently available from PD, on that same chassis? I felt the wheels on that were overly simplified, but at least they might use it as a base. I do like the big AEC.

Sunray

Quote from: Wulf on 07 September 2017, 03:47:08 PM
Wasn't the Deacon SP gun, currently available from PD, on that same chassis? I felt the wheels on that were overly simplified, but at least they might use it as a base. I do like the big AEC.

True, they are both on the Matador chassis. The PD model (I have quite a few) is a one piece casting.

Ithoriel

You could always just use a Matador model and claim it as a camouflaged Deacon ;)

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

petercooman

Quote from: Ithoriel on 07 September 2017, 06:11:28 PM
You could always just use a Matador model and claim it as a camouflaged Deacon ;)

But pendraken had a deacon in the catalog

http://pendraken.co.uk/search/aec/

Ithoriel

Quote from: petercooman on 07 September 2017, 10:06:59 PM
But pendraken had a deacon in the catalog

http://pendraken.co.uk/search/aec/

Wulf seemed unimpressed with the wheels though.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

petercooman

Wulf

Quote from: Ithoriel on 07 September 2017, 11:35:24 PM
Wulf seemed unimpressed with the wheels though.
The mini is nice as a whole, but the wheels lack the very visible bolts, as I remember.