BKC3 lists openess

Started by BeeKiller, 04 September 2017, 12:19:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BeeKiller

Hi,

I've just played an assault scenario (bkc2 rules) as a Russian and I was only able to clean the defensive minefields using the poor Penal o Engineer infantry units, which were massacrated because they were on the open. I planned to use the big dented wheels the T-34 carried to blast the minefield, but I didn't know how to buy them, on neither BKC-2 and BKC-3 lists.  :'(
Now that BKC-3 lists are 'ready' will some version of it be open so the community can add items like this, and many other minor vehicles not represented on the lists?  :-X

Thx

Ithoriel

The PT-34 is in the Russian list in BKC2 so I assume it will appear in the revised BKC3

They are a Late War item.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

petercooman

had a question about a similar thing as well but haven't got any answer yet:

http://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,16006.msg240734.html#msg240734

if you want to use it, the online battlegroup tool for bkc II has it listed as:

Arm       Move    AT      AP        CA    Hits    Save      Cost
1    Mine Clearing Unit (PT-34)    ENG      25        3/60      3/80    3              5      5       165

Leon

Yep, the PT-34 is in BKC-II and we've put it back in to BKC-III.  I'm not sure of the best method for having lists 'open' in an online format, but we can always look at creating threads for each nation where people can add their suggestions and stats for them.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

BeeKiller

Hi,

Thx all for the replies, I played mid and thought the PT-34 was available at that time.

I find very suitable to have a thread per nation to include proposal of units!  :D

In fact if you may think to beta publish the army list, or some of it, and we can start evaluating it, so the printed version may include as a bonus our previsously approved suggestions till late September (to say something) However it may open a can of worms if for instance BKC-3 'special attributes' appear on the list which values/meaning has suffered some modifications in the unreleased v3.1 main book.

One thing I liked on BKC-3 lists where (manyof) the 'special attributes'.
On the other hand I read somewhere (v2, v3?) you could downgrade a recce armoured car to a plain armoured car, by deducting x value points. Which was great if you wanted to deploy a historical platoon such as sdkfz 231 + 232   :)

Ithoriel

The PT-34 comes into service very late in 1943 and is in widespread use use in early 1944, IIRC, so possibly should be an option in the Mid-War list with a restriction of [10/43+] or [11/43+].
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

petercooman

Quote from: BeeKiller on 05 September 2017, 08:56:31 AM

On the other hand I read somewhere (v2, v3?) you could downgrade a recce armoured car to a plain armoured car, by deducting x value points. Which was great if you wanted to deploy a historical platoon such as sdkfz 231 + 232   :)

p45 of the BKC II book under recce:

"If you want to use recce units as regular combat units,deduct 20 points from the unit cost and increase the limit to 3 per 1000 points."

Of course this is for the 2nd edition of the rules. Can't find it in the 3rd edition book.