Greetings from the wild west! 10mm fantasy focused dude!

Started by ErHo, 30 August 2017, 08:48:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ErHo

Hello everyone!

I recently received my orders for Skeletons and Dragonmen, and I'm thrilled to be a part of the community!

Without getting too personal, I'll keep it short and sweet;

39 M
Father of 2
Oklahoma born and returned,but grew up 1981-2000 in Hawaii.
Solid background in all things fantasy
Sword makers apprentice for 2 years in Texas(angelswords.com)
D&D in various forms with my older bro from the mid 80s thru today.
Warhammer/40k in all its tabletop glory
I loved Warmaster, hence me purchase into the club here at Pendraken!

I'll be postin' some of the progress in the forums, so stop on by and check me out!

Thank you for providing a space for me to collaborate with some talented gamers and hobbyists!

"Call it extreme if you like, but I propose we hit it hard and hit it fast with a major - and I mean major - leaflet campaign."

- Rimmer

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Ithoriel

A warm welcome from me too!

I'll issue my usual warning ... the forum is warm, welcoming, well read, wise, weird and wacky in about equal measure. Personally, I like it. Hope you do too. :)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Steve J

Welcome on board and some cool looking armour you're wearing. Did you make it?

ErHo

Thank you!    I made the maille, but the pauldrons are custom from a buddy in Texas.

I'm almost done with my 14th cent. kit, just a coat of plates remain!
"Call it extreme if you like, but I propose we hit it hard and hit it fast with a major - and I mean major - leaflet campaign."

- Rimmer

Orcs

The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

MAgamer

Do you have any experience with Darkwood Armory? I have their Papenhiemer rapier and dagger, started HEMA last year, love it! Amazing armour- well done with the home made maille! And welcome to the forum!
All the best
MA

FierceKitty

I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

DFlynSqrl

Welcome ErHo. Interesting apprenticeship there.  I live up in the Dallas/Fort Worth area.  I bought one of those Angel Swords about 8 years ago.  They do some lovely work.

Techno

ErHo

Quote from: DFlynSqrl on 31 August 2017, 02:55:29 AM
Welcome ErHo. Interesting apprenticeship there.  I live up in the Dallas/Fort Worth area.  I bought one of those Angel Swords about 8 years ago.  They do some lovely work.

Hey!!!

I live in central Oklahoma, I'll have to hit you up for a game one of these days!

What type did you get from the forge?  I assume it was at Scarborough faire?  I ran the CNC mills cutting out blade blanks for the Bright Knights and Avatars, and wood handles mostly, 7 days a week for 2 years.  Its fine if your a young single guy!   I did forge demos in Scarborough, but towards the end of the day I attracted drunk hecklers who claimed to their lady friends that what I was doing was easily done and quite trivial.    Thats Ok because the drum circles and women at night in the camp grounds made it all wash away! Lol

Remember if you get tired of the sword, they still honor the amount you paid to use for a trade in!

- Rimmer

d_Guy

You are most welcome to the forum, ErHo, where you can bring some interesting insights.
I have a passing interest in 1:1 scale weapons and armor from 1500 - 1700.

Be ye, Sooner, Cowboy or Don't Care? :)
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

ErHo

I don't care, I understand our cousins from the U.K like to call us yanks or something so that's fine by me!

Bloody limeys!    ;)

- Rimmer