Test

Started by Zippee, 30 August 2017, 11:03:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Fielder

I hate the ones who come out after the test and say: "Well that was hard work" knowing full well that they have revised for a billion hours beforehand.
Romeo and Juliet is a Verona Crisis

Zippee

04 September 2017, 09:13:17 PM #31 Last Edit: 04 September 2017, 10:27:24 PM by Zippee
My favourite multiple choice was in my history O level mock - I was a tad surprised to find a set of multiple choice questions on my O level paper but I stuck with it, then I came across the following:

Q: Who invented Hargreave's Spinning Jenny, was it
A - Bill Smith
B - James Hargreave
C - Hugh Fitzgerald
D - James Watt

At this point I was dumbfounded, how could this be a test, unless it was only aimed at weeding out the incalculably thick. Still it's the education system, right - it must know what it's doing. having now finished the entire paper in about 45 minutes and feeling pretty confident I'd scored at least an A, I started reading all the blurb - there's really not a lot else to read in an exam other than the paper and your answers - at the top of the paper, where I spied the letters C.S.E.

Oh lord clearly something had gone dreadfully wrong and the wrong papers had been issued, up went my hand. "Sir, sir, there's been a terrible mistake". . .

Turns out the stupid bloody school had decided its pass rates would be improved if it put everyone in the 'Steady B' and lower O level steams through the CSE matriculation instead of risking possible poor results.

I thus had to spend an entire 'nother year at school re-sitting my O levels - this time as actual O levels so I could then go on and take A levels - which were necessary to get to university and the drug and alcohol drenched lifestyle I felt I was owed.

But I mean, how do you not pass such a multiple choice - it's shocking.

Anyway the only test here is just how big a thread we can make a no message thread be.

So we may not know how long the string is but we can damn well make the thread as long as we want, gentlemen to your keyboards.

d_Guy

Based entirely on the strategy of taking multiple choice tests and using no other information, the correct answer is C, Hugh Fitzgerald.
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

urbancohort

Quote from: Dave Fielder on 04 September 2017, 08:45:06 PM
I hate the ones who come out after the test and say: "Well that was hard work" knowing full well that they have revised for a billion hours beforehand.
With you! And they are always the blighters who want a full, in-depth analysis of each exam question which convinces me I scored even less than I thought I had.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk
One should try everything in life, except for incest and folk-dancing....

urbancohort

Quote from: Zippee on 04 September 2017, 09:13:17 PM
My favourite multiple choice was in my history O level mock - I was a tad surprised to find a set of multiple choice questions on my O level paper but I stuck with it, then I came across the following:

Q: Who invented Hargreave's Spinning Jenny, was it
A - Bill Smith
B - James Hargreave
C - Hugh Fitzgerald
D - James Watt

At this point I was dumbfounded, how could this be a test, unless it was only aimed at weeding out the incalculably thick. Still it's the education system, right - it must know what it's doing. having now finished the entire paper in about 45 minutes and feeling pretty confident I'd scored at least an A, I started reading all the blurb - there's really not a lot else to read in an exam other than the paper and your answers - at the top of the paper, where I spied the letters C.S.E.

Oh lord clearly something had gone dreadfully wrong and the wrong papers had been issued, up went my hand. "Sir, sir, there's been a terrible mistake". . .

Turns out the stupid bloody school had decided its pass rates would be improved if it put everyone in the 'Steady B' and lower O level steams through the CSE matriculation instead of risking possible poor results.

I thus had to spend an entire 'nother year at school re-sitting my O levels - this time as actual O levels so I could then go on and take A levels - which were necessary to get to university and the drug and alcohol drenched lifestyle I felt I was owed.

But I mean, how do you not pass such a multiple choice - it's shocking.

Anyway the only test here is just how big a thread we can make a no message thread be.

So we may not know how long the string is but we can damn well make the thread as long as we want, gentlemen to your keyboards.
All police promotion exams are multi-guess. That is sergeant and inspector, above that they don't have exams.

Probably explains an awful lot.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk
One should try everything in life, except for incest and folk-dancing....

Wulf

For the D&D players:

Today I have mostly been researching Explosive Runes...

d_Guy

Aren't explosive prior to being runes?

fsn

I think Explosive Priors were introduced as a Cleric sub-type in D&D6.

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

ErHo

Quote from: fsn on 17 October 2017, 03:34:20 PM
I think Explosive Priors were introduced as a Cleric sub-type in D&D6.

D&D6 hasnt come out yet, nice try Satan!

Combustible Constobles are in 5e as a Paladin subclass, and Volitile Vicors are Clerical Subclass, as are Flamable Flagellants.
"Call it extreme if you like, but I propose we hit it hard and hit it fast with a major - and I mean major - leaflet campaign."

- Rimmer

d_Guy

Are there also Vixen Nuns to strain ambiguity?

Ithoriel

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

d_Guy

Yup - that'll do it.  :)

Leman

Just don't get it!
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Techno

It just gets worse and worse !  X_X

Cheers - Phil

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

YOU DONT HAVE TO READ IT !!!!!

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021